jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think about Mathematics? Is it a difficult subject?

1. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

What do you think about Mathematics?  Is it a difficult subject?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

some math is i guess but in general, math is quite useful. the problem with math is that so much of it is never used in real life by your average person but yet it is pushed on kids. i've seen kids fail to graduate high school because they could get certain kinds of math figured out. it's absurd.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I long ago resigned myself to the fact that my brain does not work in ways that are conducive to dealing with math problems harder than "What's 10+10." I had to do an entrance test of a computer college once. They gave me a practice test to take home and look over. There were these sequential number problems that made no sense and nearly gave me a panic attack. I had a friend show me how to figure out how to find the next number and I did pass the test, but that was the end of my relationship with any kind of math!

4. rosered6682 profile image76
    rosered6682posted 5 years ago

kids just aren'tchallenged  enough mentally these days and their minds have grown laxed.   I found evidence in a homeschool guide from 1928: kids had to know all the sciences, math and 3 languages before graduating. In 1988, we didn't even come close. Now we have to go to college to get what we didn't learn in highschool. It amazes me and saddens me at the

same time.

5. dezalyx profile image95
    dezalyxposted 5 years ago

I have always loved math. I think the only time I hated it was when I had to study math with computers especially programming.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Mathematics is probably my worst subject because I need help. Normally someone has to explain to me the reason it is necessary for me, then the difficult part of getting me to use it.

7. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Maths is only difficult if you believe it is, or if you have a Maths teacher who is bad at teaching Maths! Seriously, Maths teachers have to be inspiring and make it interesting and relevant. Otherwise, it's easy for people to think they're no good at it, when the fact is that they're just not being taught properly.

working