jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Which is intellectual subject? Maths or Physics

1. Sumi-Main profile image60
    Sumi-Mainposted 2 years ago

Which is intellectual subject? Maths or Physics

2. abdussalaam profile image82
    abdussalaamposted 2 years ago

Both Maths and Physics are intellectual subjects when you consider the myriad of theories prevalent in each field of knowledge.

1. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is a good answer. Also, the two subjects are deeply intertwined.

2. Sumi-Main profile image60
      Sumi-Mainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's indeed a good answer Abdus. I know that all science subjects are intellectual. But when a choice of anyone comes, which could that be?

3. Fahad ansari12 profile image76
    Fahad ansari12posted 2 years ago

Yes of course, both subjects are intellectual. And both are my favourite subjects and both needs more attention and alert mind during study. But when i entered in b.tech i found maths as a more intellectual subject, because i am from CSE branch. :p

1. thumbi7 profile image63
      thumbi7posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I feel physics is more intellectual. To understand Some theorems in physics, you need lateral thinking

2. Sumi-Main profile image60

I guess it's Physics because even Physics involves Maths in it. So it's a combination of Physics and Maths. Hope am correct

3. Fahad ansari12 profile image76
      Fahad ansari12posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes sumi, krishna you both are absolutely right. Till my intermediate i always feel physics as more intellectual or mind boggling subject as it includes maths in it. You've remembered me of my fear from physics of dat time. But now i am missing that.

4. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 2 years ago

Interesting question! I think both are intellectual and challenging subjects, but so are many other disciplines - Chemistry, Biology, Human Sciences, Arts, Music are intellectual as well - only that we need different aspects of intelligence to master in each of these. According to me, integrating more than one disciplines - cross-disciplinary or inter-disciplinary areas of knowledge could prove to be the most challenging intellectually.
    Between Physics and Math - Physics has more real life components and a  few abstract components, whereas Math has more abstract components and less real life components - hence different learners will find different subjects challenging their intellect.

1. Sumi-Main profile image60

Thank you for stopping by Sri. I am sure, as you said, each subject is challenging in its field as well as interesting.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12611040_f260.jpg

My dear friends,
    One cannot separate... mathematics is indeed the pure language of science, especially for the science of physics. Please don't be mute; however, that is better than being both **** and mute...

6. m abdullah javed profile image78
    m abdullah javedposted 2 years ago

I think Sumi more than a subject, it's understanding makes one intellectual.  One's intellectual growth depends on how well he is being taught by the teacher, and to be honest the intellectual level of teacher plays a decisive role here.

working