jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

What will happen?

1. ronny2005 profile image80
    ronny2005posted 5 years ago

What will happen?

What will happen on 21st December 2012?

2. profile image0
    twinlyposted 5 years ago

Well it will be four days before Christmas! wink

3. Lwelch profile image92
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

Time will pass and stuff will occur.  Waves of light will bathe the earth at a speed of 299,792,458 miles/second.  Electrons will interact and atoms will be bonded together and broken apart.  The sun will continue its nuclear fusion changing hydrogen into helium.  Also, if we are lucky, we may finally understand 42.  However, according to Douglas Adams, "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable."  You shouldn't take this too seriously though because there is also a theory that this has already happened.

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

many things, the same things that happen every day all over the world.  Don't buy the conspiracy end of the world hype.  No one is guaranteed a single moment longer on this Earth - so enjoy your life rather than fearing death.

5. belleart profile image89
    belleartposted 5 years ago

All the hype about the Mayan calender portraying the end of the world is just misunderstood information.  It shows that at the end of 2012 it will be the beginning of  new era. December 21st will bring the 13th Bak'tun to an end and will reset to start again.
    A bak'tun is just a cycle of time, 20 times 144,000 days I think.  So instead of going to BAk'tun 14, it will begin at the start instead.
    So,  it will be the end of an era and the start of another one.  smile

6. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

People will breathe another breath and an easy style of living will once again return to the earth. All corruption will cease, the lion will sleep with the lamb, and for one brief moment in time, there will be a collective thanks to God. Then those who say they do not believe, will return to their dogmas, the rich will get richer and the poor, well you know the answer to that one. This will go on, until the next great prediction made by some strange and far away race of peoples who just as strangely disappeared from the face of the planet and now will return in their united and voiced statement of world annihilation and retributions to be had. People will once again succomb to that which we go through now, and it will rear its ugly head, yet again. Perhaps one day the events will occur and the end will be realized by one and all, with no more fear and intrepidation to be suffered by a soul. Until that terrible end, let us return to our lives in a sense of thankfulness and be stronger in our beliefs in an all powerful creator and one who does care for His people.

7. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

I wondered myself, when I saw the movie 2012 in 2009.  With the exceptions of the Greeks, many ancient civilizations weren't very clear or exact in their writings.  I suspect "the end of the world" may have some obscure and metaphorical message code behind it which probably means something completely different than what we think it is - my take!

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image81
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

Not a thing.
    What could happen in an obvious manner?
    The changes have already begun and they are based on a shift in the consciousness toward enlightenment... more knowledge.
    What COULD cause one single life changing event for all of humanity?

9. Goody5 profile image78
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

This question keeps getting hotter as we get closer to that magic date in December. Anyone's guess is pretty good, but I think a fellow hubber summed it up pretty good in one of their hubs. I highly encourage everyone to take a moment and check out this interesting perspective - http://theholestory.hubpages.com/hub/Th … n-calendar

10. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

The 21st of December has always been the first day of winter. It just so happens that this date is my wedding date (married in 1968).
    Other than these two events, I am not prepared to predict anything else will happen, that is, in my personal life.
    Let's live life one day at a time.
    Everything is going to be okay.
    Take care.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

11. j-matlock profile image61
    j-matlockposted 5 years ago

*The following may surprise the reader and/or contain sarcasm. The reader is responsible for his or her own actions and cannot hold the writer responsible for  any negative feelings this answer may arouse in them*

That is a very broad question. Obviously no one can tell you exactly what will be happening on December 21st, 2012, but one can guess based on what they observed.

I'm almost sure that I will brush my teeth at least twice, have 3 meals during the day (or it's equivalent), waste time looking up random stuff on the internet that doesn't matter (until I decide to write a hub about it), possibly go sky diving, and many other things anyone would do on a day to day basis.

Whether the world ends or not is none of my concern, because I know it won't be ending on December 21st 2012, or ever. I can say this with complete confidence, because if by some chance I'm wrong, we'll both die and it won't matter anyway.

So I'll be sky diving.

Without you.

12. createmyeconomy profile image71
    createmyeconomyposted 5 years ago

I think we will have to do something to our computers?

1. Lwelch profile image92
      Lwelchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There likely will be a virus update that day... I bet you are right!  That must be it!

13. SkeetyD profile image66
    SkeetyDposted 5 years ago

I will still be poor.  I don't see that ever changing

14. OneFineG467 profile image62
    OneFineG467posted 5 years ago

Probably watching extended version of the movie 2012 with uncensored scenes on television.

working