jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could learn a new language overnight, which one would you pick and why?

1. Adamowen profile image82
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

If you could learn a new language overnight, which one would you pick and why?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Most likely Spanish, because there are a lot of Spanish speakers in my area and therefore companies around here tend to hire bi-lingual people. My wife was job hunting recently and unfortunately wasn't qualified for a couple of gigs because command of Spanish was one of the requirements.

3. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Basque.  It's a language isolate that hardly anyone speaks and I could impress people at parties with it, if I ever got invited to parties that is.

sad

4. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

Russian. My wife is Ukrainian and speaks Russian (and Ukrainian) as does her family. I studied it for a year but through dis-use I have lost most of it.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I would pick Croatian, because I very much want to move there.

6. old albion profile image72
    old albionposted 5 years ago

If I were a young man my choice would be, Chinese on monday, Arabic on tuesday. These are languages of the future in my opinion. So I would learn them. Consider also that employment will always be available as an interpreter.
    Graham.

7. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

French, my son has moved to a French speaking country recently and learning this beautiful language writing me in it from time to time as well so I am trying to manage at least the basics:)

working