jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How many of you here have become what you wanted to become when you were a kid?

1. PoetasDsigns profile image61
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

How many of you here have become what you wanted to become when you were a kid?

2. HoneyBB profile image97
    HoneyBBposted 5 years ago

Not me, I wanted to become a mom to ten kids just like my mom. Boy, did I smarten up!  LOL!  j/k  I would still love to have ten kids if I could afford them.

3. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

I certainly haven't.  When I was a kid, I wanted first to be a lawyer and then a little later to become a doctor.  I became neither after I grew up.  I quickly discovered in college that I didn't have the smarts or aptitude to become a doctor.  Instead, I became a translator for the federal government and am presently teaching English as a Foreign and Second Language in my retirement.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

This is a great question.  When I was a kid, I had a whole list of things I wanted to become...and oddly enough, I have managed to become many of them over the years!  I wanted to become a model, and I did.  I wanted to be in the movies, and I was.  I wanted to be a cowgirl and I was, albeit briefly.  I have had many jobs in my time, and most were pretty interesting, so although I didn't achieve all of my childhood dreams, I am happy with the ones I did achieve!

1. HoneyBB profile image97
      HoneyBBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lucky for you you're a time traveler so you could always go back and achieve the other things that you never got around to.  LOL!

5. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

As a kid I wanted to be soooooooo many different things!  Wouldn't be possible to do them all.  I wanted to be a teacher (been there, done that, got the headache!).  I also wanted to be a nun and run an orphanage somewhere (then I realized you don't have to be a nun to run an orphanage), also wanted to be a wife/mother, a writer, an entrepreneur, a farmer, a lawyer, a chef, and to own a Christmas tree farm!

working