jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

In your perspective, how will our world end?

1. dailytop10 profile image94
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

In your perspective, how will our world end?

December is fast approaching and a few are still worried about the Mayan prediction. Though their prediction might not be true, we can't deny the fact that earth will meet its end someday. How will it happen? Will the sun destroy our world? An asteroid? Global warming? Share your thoughts.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7387772_f260.jpg

2. cryptid profile image99
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

The world will end in about 5 billion years when our Sun transforms into a red dwarf and eventually burns the Earth to a charred, black rock.   

But when people talk about the world ending, what they really mean is when it will end for us.  An asteroid may extinguish the human race, but the world will go on.  Global warming may kill us off, but the Earth will still be here. 

I don't think the Mayan Apocalypse will play out, but you never know.  I do think the asteroid thing is statistically probable, eventually.  (If we don't do ourselves in first.)

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I'm sure we'll have some rought times ahead, but we'll get through it as a species. Developing energy and putting that together with aerospace and computer and communications technology will prepare us for interstellar travel and colonization some day. I'm sure the whole Mayan calendar thing is only meant to be an end for the Mayans; so the Yucatan of Mexico should probably watch out.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

When the sun expands as a red giant a few billion years from now, though it may happen when the sun warms the earth to the point it cannot hold liquid water in a billion years.

working