Will the world end May 21st?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (42 posts)
  1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Just a few thoughts on why there's no need to worry.  First of all, Oprah's last show isn't scheduled until the 25th.  Not even God can upstage Oprah.  Secondly, WalMart is not closing early on the 21st.  Yet I wonder....has Rev. Camping's church printed bulletins for Sunday's services on the 22nd?  And...if the world is ending on the 21st....why are they still asking for donation?

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

why they are still asking for donation?. well isn't it obvious to bribe their way to heaven.. on serious notes camping loves predicting and re predicting...

2. Anti-Valentine profile image75
      Anti-Valentineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will the world end May 21st?

No. It hasn't ended.

1. Richieb799 profile image76
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The weather is a bit dull and overcast where I am, theres still time lol

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well it is May 21,2011 and I'm still here so I can report that it was a hoax and alot of people worried needlessly for nothing.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's right, Dave, any and *all* predictions of future events such as these are hoaxes.

*Rapture*

smile

2. recommend1 profile image61
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

OR you weren't chosen to go big_smile

4. profile image0
      CollBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the world has already ended and we are just living in the aftermath of the end times yet we think everything is real.

Regardless, the family member I had to take to the dentist today has had the necessary fillings and I'm having to have a snack now to fill the pangs set in by hunger.

Mind you though, I've to admit when I was feeling hungry this morning before that dental appointment, a hot beverage sure did the trick!

5. esoedjiarto profile image53
      esoedjiartoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep... God is the most Richest one and He didn't need money!

6. Miss Paula profile image39
      Miss Paulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Guess it didn't  we're all still here writing!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jrbprb2911 profile image60
    jrbprb2911posted 12 years ago

I think this guy has run out of publicity money from the last "prediction" and needs more...I'm sure were gonna hear about this again in another 16 years lol

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think there's a good chance it wasn't an intentional hoax at all.  hmm  This perfectly sincere individual (the guy at the root of it all) was simple misguided in his his beliefs and incorrect in his calculations.  Hey - it happens to a lot of us.   smile  Calculating stuff based on the Mayan calendar isn't easy, you know.   roll

but he used bible and not mayan calendar...

Hmm.  Live and learn.   My local news reported that it was based on the Mayan calendar.  (I couldn't believe they even did a thing on it at all, but maybe that's just me.  They had the whole Doomsday clock thing - etc. etc.  Maybe I wasn't listening closely enough.  The did feature a part about the guy's incorrect prediction in 1994.  Oh well.... Bible.  Mayan calendar.  It's all pretty much to same to me.   smile

how can you compare pagan mayans with true believers?..it doesn't make sense to me...on serious notes...end time predictions have been hobby of many since human began to think...rev h was following age old hobby...

By virtue of the definition of the word "believe" (regardless of what someone believes), the term "believer" means that anyone who believes anything thinks what he believes is true.  If he didn't, he wouldn't believe it.   smile

People can believe what they want, of course; but, to me, people who presume to make predictions about the world and predictions about what there is, or isn't, in terms of anything that goes on after we die are all the same.  I, personally, think people ought to figure out what they believe or don't believe without following the words or writings of any other human beings, because no other human beings have any "special connection" to knowledge about the non-Earthly matters of things like after life, supreme beings, or how any creator thinks or plans to do things.  No middle men - and certainly no words of people who walked the Earth centuries and centuries ago when human beings believed things like that the moon was made of green cheese or that when the Winter brought more darkness they had to light fires to convince "the gods" not to make the sun go away.  \

There's a big difference between believing in God, or at least not ruling out the possibility that there's God, and believing stuff that human beings have written and said (even if they've written and said stuff out of good intentions, such as trying to make some of those barbaric people of a couple of thousand years ago (and far more recently, for that matter) behave in more civilized, compassionate, ways.

I, personally, don't believe that anyone's believing in God is "equal to pagan" by any means.  What I see as "equal to pagan" is believing books that have been written by human beings and believing that certain human beings are more than that and know more than that.

Really - when someone who believes in The Rapture sits before a TV camera, is asked by the reported whether long-dead people are going to look like themselves when they gift lifted out their graves, and says with a straight face that they will look just as they always did....   Well, what can I say...  My mind is boggled that this world has been populated with human beings for as long as it has, and as late in the game as this, we still have people believing some of this stuff.

I, personally, believe that faith and spirituality are between each individual and anyone/anything "out there"; and that anyone/anything that has presumed to interfere with each individual's private journey of finding his own faith/spirituality (or not) has stunted the progress human beings could have been making if people hadn't believed what other human beings told them.

So, to me:  Bible, Mayan calendar, whatever it is that someone came up with thousands of years ago - it's all the same.  (Again, I'm not knocking faith in a Creator.  Just knocking the words and stories written by human beings and passed off as anything other than that.  hmm  )

I got that and i too believe all books called divine are written by human beings...

3. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I notice you cannot log on to their website at present, familyradio.com, maybe they are getting ready for 9pm tonight when the earthquakes supposed to start lol

1. Merlin Fraser profile image59
      Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If he has any sense of decency he's legging it towards Mexico... before the faithful come looking for a refund !

But I Bet you a Dollar to a dried dog turd he'll be on the airways tomorrow proclaiming it didn't happen 'cos he asked God to spare us and as he's God's best pal we live to sin another day...

4. Merlin Fraser profile image59
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

Sod It !  We're still here nothing happened.... So tomorrow I will definately have to start decorating the kitchen....!

Bummer !  Can't rely on anything these days, if I ever work out where to put the batteries in my crystal Ball then I'll give that Camping Fruit Loop a run for his money.

Any bets using his numbers won't win the lottery tonight either 05 11 20 21 !!

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

No trumpets sounding.(Just my neighbor's kid practicing the recorder)

No angels announcing the end. (Only a guy dressed like a chicken in front of Pollo Rico)

No red moon, or eclipse. (We're heading to the beach)

No dead animals. (The ducks are crossing the street)

AND Bruce Willis is nowhere in sight, so I think we're good!

1. Merlin Fraser profile image59
      Merlin Fraserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No Hippy in a nightshirt and sandals with an illuminating Hairdo anywhere near here either...

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WAIT I HEAR Cricket outside my door
        No, false alarm they are not dying crickets

6. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

We are ALL still here.  Keep posting until it does.  If the rapture happens, I'm taking your car.

7. Happyboomernurse profile image83
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

BobbiRant, You gave me a good laugh for the day.

8. tritrain profile image68
    tritrainposted 12 years ago

All very good points.

Points which will require much thought and contemplation.

Can I get back to you on Sunday, the 22nd?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That reminds me of a wild dog who got his head struck in a tin can trying to eat from the garbage. His neck was breeding so bad I had to help him or he was going to die from breeding from the neck. After I release him I thought I should take him home and give him some real food. Instead he went right back eating the toxic crap right away from the many very old cans in the Vass area of garbage.

Maybe you can’t teach an old dog new tricks (or god spelled backwards)

9. tobey100 profile image60

Is it just me here in Tennessee or is that harps I hear warming up?????

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could be Toby, California will be the last time zone. Only another couple of hours to go there. smile

10. tobey100 profile image60

Well, it's Monday morning and the only things raptured were the mates to about a dozen pairs of my socks.  I'm thoroughly disappointed!

Were the socks holy? smile

11. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Monday 5/23/2011

<singing> "It's just another manic Monday
               I wish it was Sunday
               'Cause that's my funday
               My I don't have to runday
               It's just another manic Monday"

from the song "Manic Monday" by The Bangles

tobey100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very approprite Disturbia!!!  lol

12. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

What you people don't realize is that we actually died on the 21st and we are all confused spirits, living an alternate reality in a Bruce Willis's "Sixth Sense" kind of way. hmm

I see dead people!!!!

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see silly people, is it similar?

Same thing.  Oh, by the way, Rev. Camping found out he miscalculated by four months.  The new date is October 21st.  Camping was quoted as saying, "Seriously.  I really, really mean it this time.  I meant it all those other times but this time I really mean it.  Really.  Seriously!"

So it really is gonna happen on the 21st really then? smile

Rev. Camping assures us this time it'll be the real thing.  Really!  He's not kidding this time.  He looked serious to me.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
                SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?....really, really, really?

2. kirstenblog profile image77
            kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh well now I am convinced! I mean he says he really really means it and that doesn't sound at all like a small child playing guessing games and passing it as fact or anything tongue

13. tobey100 profile image60

OK.  My youngest son (14) has straightened me out.  He says the Rev. Camping was absolutely correct on his May 21st date.  The rapture did occur and only Oprah was qualified to be taken but she made them wait 'til the 25th so she could do her last show.  Besides, my boy says since Rev. camping is in his late 80's everytime he wakes up in the morning its a rapture to him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)