jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When will the world end? Or will it?

1. brooklyn00123 profile image60
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

When will the world end? Or will it?

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 6 years ago

Every thing has a beginning and a end...but in saying this, I also believe that once something ends something else will begin! I do not know when this present world will end but I feel it might be in my life time!

3. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

No one knows the answer, although some claim to.  In reality, our world "ends" when we go to sleep each night.  Each and every precious day of life is important, the people around us - those we work, live and maintain contact with are our "world".  So let's make the best of each day, live a life with no regrets, and let nature take its course.

4. ibbarkingmad profile image85
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

Well, according to the Bible the world will end after a thousand years of peace before a great and final battle between good and evil. The meaning of end as I see it is the world as we know it. There are parts in revelations were it says the earth will be as a sea of glass. A friend says that because it will be ideal water skiing conditions. LOL. But the point is that end means different things. If by end you mean the complete destruction of Earth, scientist don't think that will happen for another few million years when the sun goes supernova. If by end you mean a change from the world we know, religion tells of how the Earth will become better and purer. No earthquakes or natural disasters etc.I like the latter vision and I try to make that possible through my actions and behavior.

5. profile image0
    Tanmoy Acharyaposted 6 years ago

It will scarcely do until we make a deal to have that sooner!

6. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Well, unless we blow ourselves up, pollute our planet to death or get smacked in the face by an asteroid first, according to scientists our sun is due to die in - I think - a couple of million or so years. So when our sun goes, we go. Unless of course we have the technology to move the planet or create our own artifical sun.

Either way, I think the human race might well be extinct by then anyway. At the end of the day, in life, there is always a cycle that repeats time and time again - birth - life - death.

7. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I agree with EuroCafeAuLait. For me it ends when I fall asleep and begins when I awaken. I have a funny feeling the world may never end, yet civilization may. I mean I learned here at hubpages rocks grow http://naturescienceguy.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Rocks-Grow

8. billgaede profile image76
    billgaedeposted 6 years ago
  9. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

What does it matter? The world will physically end as all things in the material world.  Our Star that provides life to our planet will die.  We will all physically die at some point in time. 

Consider this when you are about to die will you be worrying about if the whole planet is dying?  I would be more concerned about if I have been good enough to move on to a better realm and leave this one behind never to return unless God commands me to return. 

I hope we all make it to a better realm.  As for the world ending, when it ends, it ends we will not be around here to talk about it.

Best wishes.

working