jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)

Do you wish on a shooting star?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Do you wish on a shooting star?

I saw a 'falling star' tonight, also referred to as a 'shooting star', during my evening walk.  It's considered lucky to make a wish before it burns out.  It's been a long time since I've last seen one.  Have you ever seen a shooting star, and if so, do you consider it lucky?  Do you make a wish on it?

2. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 5 years ago

I sure do. Love seeing falling stars and just can't help wishing on them.

Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This one tonight was the first I've seen in a long time.  It was 'magical'.  smile

3. dghbrh profile image76
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Yes I have seen shooting star many a time.
    Yes I do consider it lucky so far.
    I use to make a wish on it and surprisingly enough it always comes to be true but now do not ask me what were they...LOL
    thanks.

LOL  Thanks for your response, I couldn't tell you what mine were from long ago, either.  smile

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Guns don't kill people...shooting stars do.

...Governments own shooting stars...but nobody seems intelligent enough to realize shooting stars kill people, and it is murder or manslaughter regardless.

Outlawing shooting stars ...is a retarded notions.  Criminals will find stars that shoot regardless.

I'm told, however, the price of ammunition for shooting stars is rising very rapidly....and being stockpiled by the IRS.

Thanks for being interested enough to comment here, Wesman.  You have a very different perspective of shooting stars.  Best wishes to you.

5. Goody5 profile image79
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I always wish on a shooting star, and it works!

Very cool!   Thanks for adding your comment.

6. sylvia13 profile image72
    sylvia13posted 5 years ago

I don't think I have ever seen a shooting star, but I still make my wishes when I see a full moon on the night sky, although I saw that moon in the morning sky instead and it felt just as good, as I feel very happy!

Beautiful.  I think a Carolina moon, hanging low in the sky, is one of the best moons I've seen!  smile

7. Sjlifed profile image59
    Sjlifedposted 5 years ago

I try to when i can catch it!! loll. and so far, I have seen the most shooting stars in the East Himalayas of INDIA!!

Singapore is just too bright for me to see any of them.

That's awesome, Sjilifed.  Yes, the stars aren't too bright in the city lights.  Out in the country, where I live, there are tons of stars, but only this one shooting star I 'caught', lol

2. Sjlifed profile image59
      Sjlifedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lucky you to see the stars! Not even squinting helps in the cities. haha.

8. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

No...I don't. If I need something...I find it much more profitable to go to my Heavenly Father in prayer. :0)

Hi CJ  Thanks for responding to my question.  Many blessings...

9. moneyfairy profile image76
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

I can't remember ever seeing one, but I do think they are lucky. I believe around the build up of the full moon to the actual full moon is a very lucky and magical time. Great question. Maybe I should google when the next shooting star will appear. I wonder if it is only a certain time of year that one could see a shooting star?

Hi moneyfairy-when I googled it I discovered they aren't really stars at all, but meteorites.  How's that for a bummer-I prefer to live in my fantasy world re: the celestial heavens, and believe, (erroneously) that they are stars.  smile

2. moneyfairy profile image76
      moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well Denise I choose to believe in the magic as well.....the scientific is too boring smile

10. actionbronson profile image60
    actionbronsonposted 5 years ago

Yes, i usually do. In Northern Idaho the sky is very clear and the stars are plastered across the sky. And remember seeing a bunch of cool "shooting stars". I think these shooting stars are really comets though. Still cool to wish on though. I also heard humans are share many similarities to stars, atomically and chemically.

Thanks for commenting. Yes, they are comets, or meteorite showers.  Lucky you-clear skies full of stars...   Here in Carolina the moon and stars are awesome!  Best wishes to you.

11. MrsBkay profile image83
    MrsBkayposted 5 years ago

Like a little kid! I squeeze my eyes shut and whisper under my breath. And I don't tell anyone what I wished for! Awesome question!

Thanks for sharing your special way of wishing on a shooting star.  smile

12. Audrey Baker profile image84
    Audrey Bakerposted 5 years ago

I never see shooting stars. My husband points them out, but in the amount of time it takes for me to focus my eyes on the sky, they're gone. If I did see one though, I wouldn't make any wishes. I would be thrilled to finally catch sight of one. I do love the "Star Light, Star Bright" rhyme.

I don't see shooting stars very often, but they are awesome.  Thanks for commenting.  smile

13. Seafarer Mama profile image87
    Seafarer Mamaposted 5 years ago

Love seeing shooting stars...otherwise known as meteors. Often forget to wish on them, but have enjoyed watching a number of showers with my family over the years...and that has been wonderful. :0)

working