Have you gone to a psychologist before? What kind of therapist? Did your therapy

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

Have you gone to a psychologist before? What kind of therapist? Did your therapy help you?

2. Ahana123 profile image60
    Ahana123posted 5 years ago

I have been to a graphologist. A came across an article in a magazine and wanted to learn the subject. I had enrolled for a course & learnt a lot about myself . It was like re discovering myself & then took therapy to overcome my shortfalls . I often apply the same to change mood swings /when I do not get enough sleep at night.
    It work like wonders. I was taken by surprise to see lot of doctors are also applying the same to treat their  patients when at the end of the course I was granted an opportunity  to attend a conference on the same subject.

3. profile image0
    SaritaJBonitaposted 5 years ago

I've seen a few different therapists over the years, and yes, therapy helps me tremendously.  People tend to have this stereotype of therapy as "blame everything on my mother" or "whine about my problems."  I see a social worker who does cognitive behavioral therapy.  My therapist is there simply to be an objective person who gives consistent feedback and constructive criticism. 

For me, therapy is like problem solving that helps me deal with stress, anxiety, depression, etc.  I've learned new things about myself and how I look at the world, and this in turn has empowered me to handle things better.

The best part of therapy, in my opinion, is that I can say what is really going through my head without "scaring" my therapist or stressing her out.  It's hard to do that with friends.

working