What are the TEN things parents do to create anxious, fearful, risk aversive children?
1. Pay little or no attention to the child when holding him, feeding him, or when he asks questions.
2. Ignore the child's crying as long as you can stand it.
3. Never return a child's loving hug.
4. Try not to make eye contact with the child.
5. Criticize, criticize, criticize.
6. Abuse whenever you think it's necessary...kids are resilient, they'll get over it.
7. Lie about anything you don't think they should know.
8. Warn your child about every stranger in the world. Don't tell them there are good people, too.
9. Remind them that they will never amount to anything.
10. Tell them their 'dreams' are stupid.
I must add an eleventh:
11. Tell your child that he is stupid.
1) Instill fear by inflicting paranoid dellusions of bad things that most likely will not happen
2) Refuse to help them with homework and tell them to figure it out themselves, even if the child is at risk for getting a bad grade
3) Using name calling techniques to bully the child in to thinking they are less wanted or not loved
4) Tell the child there is no hope for them because they amount to nothing
5) Punish the child for being a child
6) Treating the child as if they are worthless
7) Never praising the child
8) Hurting the child's feelings intentionally to make them "get over" something
9) Bullying the child by telling him/her that they will tell someone else about something (such as spreading rumors and gossip about the child to other students at school or other relatives)
10) Not helping the child through situations where the child needs guidance and punishing the child for getting it right
I was that child. I had anxiety and fear instilled in me. Thankfully, I was able to overcome it all.
yelling, physical abuse, constant hitting, verbal abuse, no appraisal, degrade children, neglect their child, never say ''I love you'' to their child, lack of love and attention
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
What are the FIVE THINGS that people are MOST fearful/apprehensive of? Why?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
Are most people simply run of the mill, complacent, fearful of making waves, & followers of whateverseems to be popular, hip, &/or fashionable at the time?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|