jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

In what ways was the German war in Russia during World War II an ethnic/racial

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

In what ways was the German war in Russia during World War II an ethnic/racial

war to the extreme degree?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8395782_f260.jpg

2. profile image70
    Lance Olsenposted 3 years ago

The Germans invaded Russia in WW2 to seize Lebensraum (“living space").

Hitler, the Nazi dictator of Germany, believed the Aryans to be the best of peoples and all other peoples to be inferior -- therefore, the Aryans were destined to be the masters.

In the Nazi belief-system, the Russians being slavs were "Untermenschen (sub-humans)" unworthy of life and needed to be exterminated for the good of the world. That would also to clear their lands which could then become the Lebensraum for the Germans and other Aryans.

It should be noted that the war was based on race and  NOT  on color -- because both the Germans and the Russians were "white" peoples.

Therefore, the German war in Russia during World War II was an ethnic/racial war.

There's a book which explains all this and much more:
    "Taierzhuang 1938 – Stalingrad 1942" (ISBN 9780983843597), see --
    http://numistamp.com/Taierzhuang-1938-- … cerpts.php

1. JPB0756 profile image61
      JPB0756posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Basic, yup, complete...?  Hitler HATED RUSSIANS AND STALIN, SIMPLE.  "Living Space" was when the Nazis' annexed The Sudatandlundt. REREAD,PLEASE

2. profile image70
      Lance Olsenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lebensraum, Sudetenland, and Hitler's views on the Russians are all made clear in the book.

3. JPB0756 profile image61

I imagine one book has all of the right answers, yes.   ROFL.  WHEW, research is tops.

4. profile image70

I do not know whether you have actually read the book.

Here is the comment (about the book) from a German veteran who knows about the Sudetenland and Lebensraum and fought in both the Western & Eastern Fronts (of Germany)

-- http://numistamp.co

5. JPB0756 profile image61

You show promise; more than one book or even first person source doth not a theory or postulate make. Keep up the good work,though

6. profile image70

I refer to the second comment by JPB0756 and must point out that my reply to that was truncated. I object to the truncation.

The point of truncation was in the middle of a link I provided in my reply and the truncation makes the link unusable and ap

7. JPB0756 profile image61

Thanks for your completion of that; I enjoy result-orientation.  As I've said, perhaps not as succinctly or nicely in the past, sorry..:-D , merely collect data from varied sources.  You will see what I mean.  Good work.

working