jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Are YOU still in touch with many of your childhood friends?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Are YOU still in touch with many of your childhood friends?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8397368_f260.jpg

2. Hendrika profile image84
    Hendrikaposted 4 years ago

WOW, to be honest I have totally lost contact with all of them. I think is very bad and if I can do it all over again I will make sure I keep contact, it is such a huge part of who you are today

3. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Yes!  I live in a small town.   I went to work in a big city for a while and came back, so I lost touch with most everyone.

But then, this year when school first started, I saw people bringing their children to school that I went to school with at the very same school!  I had no idea other people started their families as late as I did.  It was so amazing to see classmates with their children that looked like they did as I remember them growing up. 

There are a few that I've stayed in touch with.  We can see each other around town and start a conversation like it was yesterday when we last saw each other.

1. Laura Schneider profile image91
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"We can see each other around town and start a conversation like it was yesterday when we last saw each other." That's cool! I have one high school friend like that whom I see/contact every few years.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No. Most have all passed away or moved away. Such is life.

Sorry to hear that, JT. :-(

5. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Childhood friends grow into  great friendships but once each  has chosen their careers and future goals it is not often that one gets to see each other due to living in different places and far off . I lost contact with my childhood friends.

6. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

No, I moved away when I was in my early 20s and haven't seen many of them since. I ran into the girl next door one time and we exchanged numbers but never called each other.
    I still know a couple but see them maybe once in 10 years or so.
    In my own family it was my grandmother who was the hub that kept track of everyone. We had a reunion in 1992 a year before she passed and about 1/3 of the extended family showed up. I haven't seen any of them since and only occasionally touch base with 1 cousin.
    Now that I live outside the country it isn't likely I will see them again. We were close as children but after our teen years everyone went their own ways.

That's so true--everyone goes their own way once they grow up. Some friendships remain, but others are just a happy memory of the people we shaped our characters with while growing up.

7. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

No, I've lost touch with my childhood friends and one passed away. It's harder to maintain many friendships as an adult, I think: too many things to take your attention away from it.

Good question, as always! I look forward to reading what everyone else said...

1. Hendrika profile image84
      Hendrikaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is actually sad that we lose touch. If I think back to the many good times we had, all gone now

8. fivesenses profile image77
    fivesensesposted 4 years ago

yes, thanks to facebook, though I log in less frequently now as compared to before.

9. myefforts profile image80
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

Only to a couple of them. All the rest have lost in the sea of people, gone to different jobs in different cities, countries, hardly see many of them around these days.

working