To atheists and agnostics out there, what are the 5 most inane and insipid remar

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To atheists and agnostics out there, what are the 5 most inane and insipid remarks made to

you regarding your particular belief system?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8543849_f260.jpg

2. Raina Evink profile image60
    Raina Evinkposted 4 years ago

Before beginning, I'd like to say that I've never had a bad experience with someone that I've told my beliefs to: meaning, EVERY bad experience I've had religious-wise was with people who had no idea what my views were. The worst I could think of was with a middle-aged business man. While volunteering at a public library, I noticed a man walking up and down the library, obviously searching. I asked him if I could help. He asked to be shown to the bible and I obliged, leading him to the religion section. He became belligerent, asking why it wasn't in the non-fiction section. I'd only been working there for a few weeks, but I did the best I could to explain that it fit in best with the other religious texts. His response was to curse at me and call me derogatory names, despite not asking for my religious stand point. Instead of talking to the library coordinators as I suggested, he started running up and down the aisles, ripping other religious books off the shelves and tearing them. He managed to push over an entire bookshelf before the security officer caught up with him. Afterwards, he stood outside the library until closing time, asking patrons to sign his impromptu petition to get us to change our layout. He was arrested after breaking the windows and lights of a van parked in the handicap zone.

working