What causes some people to want others to rescue, even support them financially

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What causes some people to want others to rescue, even support them financially instead of

assuming the responsibility to improve and elevate themselves socioeconomically?

2. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

Unless they have a handicap or debilitating disease, I suppose a couple of the causes could be laziness, a sense of entitlement or an utter lack of faith in their own abilities. And then there are couplings, in which one partner feels more naturally inclined to be the "home maker" of the relationship while the other is satisfied in being the "bread winner". This latter scenario, I think, makes for a positive rewarding relationship where as the former is definitely a train wreck waiting to happen.

3. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

There is nothing wrong with helping people. In fact, everybody needs help. If nobody helped anybody, most people would be broke. It is an interdependent society. Now, it does require a certain skill set that some people may not have or even be aware of. Some people did not learn the way. They did not learn how to sell themselves or learn how to seek opportunities every day. Others fell off, or don't have the determination to keep asking when doors are slammed in their face. Or when everybody is saying no, no, no, no, sorry, I won't help you. Even entertainers quit every day because they can't handle the high volume of rejections. But everybody goes through something, because that's what it takes. Those who make it can handle the rejections, humiliations, degradations etc.... The super salesman makes a fortune but people hang up on him and slam doors in his face every day. Everybody doesn't have that same mental toughness. One of the best ways is to learn what to do, then do it. There is no escaping rejection, whether an average joe or a millionaire.