What are the 10 ways that political correctness have gone to THE EXTREME in post

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are the 10 ways that political correctness have gone to THE EXTREME in postmodern

American society?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I actually can't think of 10 ways. However the #1 area where political correctness has gone too far in my opinion is in the areas of allowing people to have their own (personal) sense of humor.
    Not every joke told or laughed at is done with some "vicious" underlying intention to hurt someone. I suppose the same thing could be said about "beauty" or what is "sexy".
    Our society in the U.S. has gotten to the point where the media and "so called leaders" of every group feel it's their appointed duty to tell (you) as an individual what is "funny" or permissible to laugh at!
    Richard Pryor would be lambasted for using "The N word" in his act. A show like "The Honeymooners" where the husband Jackie Gleason weekly balls up his fist and threatens to punch his wife; "One of these days Alice....to the moon!" or Foster Brooks who often did a funny loveable "drunk" routine would surly be attacked today. No one doing his act today would be considered funny.
    If you ever get a chance to watch some of the old Johnny Carson shows and Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts you'll see entertainers on those shows smoking and drinking away while telling stories and jokes. No one thought it was offensive back then.
    Today it's more politically correct to show up at an award show with "see through" clothing than it is to tell a "fat joke". Some people have even gotten into "hot water" by making up jokes about themselves!
    It's often been said that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" well that is also the case with a "sense of humor". Oddly enough there are groups attacking both of these "individual" freedoms of taste by (telling) us what is "funny" and what is "real" beauty.
    What's next? Telling (you) which foods taste good in (your) mouth? It's our (own preferences) that makes us unique and different from everyone else.