jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are we alone in the universe?

1. one2get2no profile image82
    one2get2noposted 3 years ago

Are we alone in the universe?

Scientists are beginning to discover other planets in our galaxy (Milky Way) that closeley resemble the parameters that spawned life on earth. Approx 2000 so far. Do you think there is indeed life on other worlds and could it be more advanced then us?

2. Genna East profile image91
    Genna Eastposted 3 years ago

Absolutely.  If not in our galaxy perhaps in others; life may exist or did exit during the history of other planets with stars similar to the sun, had water, etc.  The universe is a violent and unpredictable place; if life does not exist now, it may have before that planet was destroyed by being hit by an asteroid, or suffered some other space catastrophe.

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Absolutely I believe that we are not alone in the universe.  Such a vast expanse that we can't wrap our heads around it, yet in our "youth" as humanity, we tend to be arrogant enough to assume we are the highest forms of life smile.  I'm betting we are not only not alone, but not so advanced as we like to think we are.

4. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

I believe it does, though I doubt they're significantly more technologically advanced than we are.  If they were, they would have visited us by now - or at least contacted us in some way.

5. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

I believe we are alone.  None of the other planets in our solar system can sustain life, and everything else is so far away.  If there is life on other planets, It's like God doesn't want us to find them...he has put so much distance in between us.  But anyway, I do not believe in aliens.  God made us and that's all there is.