jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What is HEAVEN to you?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is HEAVEN to you?

2. humzah profile image80
    humzahposted 3 years ago

Heaven's a state of mind and consciousness. In other words, do good and enjoy the rewards of your good deeds- build your own heaven. Do bad and you'll be punished- you build your own Hell.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!

2. humzah profile image80
      humzahposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

3. sparkster profile image91
    sparksterposted 3 years ago

I am a big believer in the theory of biocentrism (quantum mechanics/physics).  It basically states that quantum processing occurs in the microtubules of the brain cells and that the information can never be destroyed - it can't be destroyed.  Upon dying the information is released and dissipates out into the universe and consciousness goes with it.  Near-death experiences happen when small amounts of that infomation are released.  Our bodies are just shells limited by the fabric of timespace and when consciousness leaves the body our basic five senses are stripped away into one unified sense allowing us to observe a greater reality and experience universal consciousness (or Nirvana).

4. shara63 profile image69
    shara63posted 3 years ago

All positives makes a Heaven shaped of the morals within,
    that represents inner peace,  and has no place for the sin !

5. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 3 years ago

It is a place I hope does exist. It is where old friends meet. Also where children get to see their parents again after some time apart. It is proof that the Celtic circle has real meaning in that there is no beginning and therefore no end.

1. Cristale profile image87
      Cristaleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like this answer.

2. Rod Marsden profile image75
      Rod Marsdenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

6. Cristale profile image87
    Cristaleposted 3 years ago

Heaven to me is a place where the righteous go after death. It is a place where there is no pain, no hurt, no tears, and no fears. Everyone there is happy and has everything they ever dreamed about. No one grows old and everything is beautiful. Heaven is where Jesus is, with his father and all of the angels. Heaven is a place that I want to go to when I pass away.

7. John Parks profile image69
    John Parksposted 3 years ago

I believe heaven begins upon physical death.  We step from one reality into another.  The soul is separated from the body, but conscious existence continues.  I believe heaven is beyond human comprehension and the next life will be more real than this one. Our reward will be based on how we use things and love people.  If we love things and use people we will not reap that everlasting reward.  When Jesus was on the cross, between 2 thieves, one of them mocked Christ, the other accepted him.  Jesus said to the accepting man, "This day you will be with me in Paradise."

Dr. Maurice Rawlings is a physician of internal medicine and he has witnessed many patients that have died and been resuscitated.  He wrote a book titled, "Beyond Death's Door."  The book features compelling interviews with his patients, on life after life.  Dr. Rawlings used to think religion was a bunch of hocus pocus, but he became a believer, after his many emergency room experiences.

I have not experienced Heaven, except in small glimpses in the glory of a sunset over the ocean, the majesty of snow covered mountain peaks and the wonder of the diversity of life that covers this planet we call home.  I look forward to that glorious place that is beyond my ability to imagine, because I can imagine a lot.