What are the disadvantages of being an extremely beautiful or handsome person?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are the disadvantages of being an extremely beautiful or handsome person?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12041777_f260.jpg

2. Ghaaz B profile image82
    Ghaaz Bposted 3 years ago

I'll answer this question from the perspective of my ex, who used to constantly complain about this issue, since I have no personal, objective experience in the matter wink

1. Intellectual interactions. She would often complain that people don't take her seriously. For example: she would make an incredibly interesting comment (she was pretty clever), or try to engage in an interesting conversation with a man, and he just wouldn't stop trying to take the conversation elsewhere.

2. Social interactions. She would complain about always being stared at, it drove her nuts. Examples: awkward interactions at work when she would catch men checking her out; losing respect for intelligent men because she caught them checking her out; or simple things like being in a crowd, turning around and having every single man in the crowd try to make eye contact with her.

3. Obviously the cat-calls and aggressive behaviour; often offensive, frightening and even abusive.

Other than that........... lol. You've pretty much got it made. I'm positive that the benefits far outweigh the setbacks.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

People often make the assumption that beautiful people are (vain, self-centered, superficial, air-heads, and have it easier in life than everyone else.)
    These preconceived ideas oftentimes illicit negative/nasty attitudes towards them before they even open their mouths. Some people will reject them just so they can "proudly" say (they) turned them down!
    A lot of people are jealous or envious of good looking people.
    On the other hand you also have people who will swarm around beautiful people. If  an average looking person rejects someone it's seen as their (prerogative) but if a good looking person rejects someone they're a "bitch" or "stuck up conceited bastard". It's almost as if a good looking person has to be (twice as nice) in order not to be viewed in a negative light. And if they're nice everyone hits on them!

working