jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What are ten POSITIVE associations with the color ............BROWN?

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What are ten POSITIVE associations with the color ............BROWN?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12098771_f260.jpg

2. t aaron brown profile image72
    t aaron brownposted 3 years ago

My surname, chocolate, wood/trees, eyes, skin, nipples, leather, baseball glove,

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12099748_f260.jpg

1) The chair I had made for my aine true love
    2) my skin color
    3) some of my favorite suits
    4) my favorite finished wood products
    5) teak
    6) mahogany
    7) black walnut (note it is brownish)
    8) my favorite shoes
    9) my small schooner is mostly made of shades of brown
    10) my Aine true love

4. Chris Neal profile image77
    Chris Nealposted 3 years ago

Why ten? Why not one? Or Twenty? I find it interesting that you so often associate the number ten with your questions.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ten is my FAVORITE number.  It signifies an eveness, a completion of sorts.  NOW, answer the question!

5. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

Dirt is what I associate with the color brown.  Good dirt should be brown.  Dirt is what make plants grow and my garden produce lots of foods.  That is mighty positive for me.

6. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12103588_f260.jpg

Brown is a color of sensuality.  It is also a homespun color.  It is the color of earth and naturalness.  It is the color of nature.  It is pure primal essence.  It is basic instinctiveness.

It is the ultimate in wholesomeness and being down to earth. It is the color of rawness.  It is a neither a superfluous nor a pretentious color.  color.  It is a color of realness.  It is a no-nonsense color.  It is also an every color.  It can be basic.it can be elegant/haute couture, and it can be devilishly decadent.

It can be the lightest tan or the darkest sepia.  It can be plain or quite sultry depending upon the meaning, moment, and the mood.  It is milk chocolate or the deepest most bittersweet chocolate.  It is cafe au lait or the blackest umber.  It is a color that is pleasing to the eye. 

It is the comfort color.  It makes one feel quite at home.  It is the color of cinnamon on a crisp autumn night.  It is the color of chocolate on a very cold winter night.  It is caramel delights.  It is roasted acorns.  It is  smooth deep, fudgy brownies. 

Nothing says healthy and robustness like brown.  It is the color of a rich tan. It also adds a natural quality to the complexion. It is also luxurious as in fur, whether it is mink, nutria, sable, or fox.  It is the color that keeps one warm in winter.

1. t aaron brown profile image72
      t aaron brownposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very nice. I now see what you were doing.  I'm guessing you utilized some of our input. I liked your summary and style.

2. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not really, I thought of this on my own.  I read all inputs but used my own synopsis.  Thank you for responding.  Brown is such a RICH color full of earthiness, richness, and rusticity. I have many books on color which I have read over the years.

working