jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Black, what do you associate this color with ?

1. Aisha Jilani profile image60
    Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years ago

Black, what do you associate this color with ?

some people might take it as positive and associate with positive things while other might think in a different way.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

The clothes that I usually wear. Casual, sexy, comfortable.

Aisha Jilaniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

nice one... black is definitely sexy

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I associate it with HEAVY METAL! (bangs head, throws devil horns, air guitars)

really well black is a color with a lot meanings. thanks for answering

4. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

The beautiful, silent sweetness of a velvety black summer's night.

The metaphorical skin color of the great Nina Simone and the actual skin color of my Nigerian friend, N'duka Ojeh.

Having money in the bank.

A sombre mood.

A sweet, illegal, mind-opening, sticky substance enjoyed in my youth.

Ink. The symbol of my profession.

Peace.

beautifully expressed smile cheers

2. profile image0
      whowasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome! Thanks for the best answer vote. The other answers were cool, too. smile

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11997927_f260.jpg

Black is MYSTERY.  It is a combination of timelessness & sophistication.  It is the darkest night before the dawn.  It can be dangerous covert.  It is also eerie & foreboding.  It is understated yet sexy.  It is decadent sensuality. 

It is the time before the beginning. It is the primal, original source from all life comes from. In essence, it is the FATHER/MOTHER of all.  It is potency to the multillionth degree. 

Black is the ultimate quiet color.  However, its quietness bespeaks volumes. Also it can be quite dangerous, even deadly.  It is a beguiling quiet with a quite delicious surprise.  It is a color which is an acquired taste.  It is the ULTIMATE ADULT color.  It is definitely not a color for children; at least, not for the average child.  Children who love black are often precocious & wise beyond their years. 

Black is a strong color.  In fact, it is the most powerful & strongest of all color.  It is nothing to be trifled nor played with.  It is a serious color which does not tolerate foolishness nor stupidity.  It is a take no prisoner's color.  It;s strength is quiet but quite deadly, like a king cobra,  It's motto is do not dare thread on me.

Black is the go to color.  It adds a classic sophistication to fashion.  There is nothing like a black suit or black dress.  It also adds a wicked sexiness.  There is nothing sexier than black lace.  It is also the color of luxury.  Nothing is more upscale nor sumptuous than black velvet or a black ranch mink coat. 

Black is also cutting edge.  There is nothing more edgy than black leather especially a black leather jacket, black thigh high boots, &/or black leather dress.  It also represents austerity like a nun's habit.  It also symbolizes self-denial.

Black is also abject, abysmal negativity. It is the lowest form of depression from which there is no respite.  It is hopelessness beyond hopelessness.  It is falling through the cracks.

Black is the ultimate rebel.  It is doing what one is told not to do.  It is defiance of societal paradigm.  It is going beyond what it deemed to be forbidden or taboo.  It is living life on one's own terms.

Black is the other.  It is what is different &/or exotic.  It is not the usual.  It represent the unusual &/or the unique.  It is the atypical. It is not what is commonplace.  It is uncommonly beautiful.  It also represents the unconscious & our shadow sides which we are oftentimes afraid to face.  It symbolizes our most primal, & more uninhibited side.

working