jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think people in England are more polite than Americans?

1. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

Do you think people in England are more polite than Americans?

2. Cynthia Hoover profile image94
    Cynthia Hooverposted 3 years ago

No. I have experience with both. One is just the same as the other. You have polite and rude people evenly dispersed in every area of the world. I have made some great friends that live in England and some not so great people as well. Then the same goes for America too. Folks are folks some good some bad.

daydreamer13posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for replying. Can I ask what part of England you were in?

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i can't say who is more polite but both speaks very good english that I could hardly catch up for an Asian!

4. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I can not say if the English people are more polite than the Americans. I suppose in every country, you will find polite and rude people. Like you will find good and bad people anywhere you go. I come from the Philippines and most Filipino people are polite and respectful to other people. Because when we were little we were taught manners at home and in school. But you will find that some Filipino people nowadays are not as polite as the older generations. Also some of us who live outside our country are somehow influenced by the Western culture.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12271829_f260.jpg

I have only been in England once. It was indeed a year ago to this month (March). I was at Oxford on business and I was overwhelmed by how polite and helpful everyone was to me; despite my most awkward, unknowing, somewhat ignorant and unusual foreign appearance...
    I would consider having a summer residence there because of my most wonderful first impressions about lovely Oxford...

daydreamer13posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is helpful.

working