jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which occurs first acceptance or trust?

1. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Which occurs first acceptance or trust?

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I'd have to say that acceptance occurs first, then trust.
    I would have to accept a new stranger in order to gain my trust.
    Trust is something that is earned, after accepting.

3. Kiss andTales profile image81
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

Accept is first because you accept the person to be in your space. You accept that person the chance of giving them a listening ear. But that does not mean you have accepted the conversation , which is another story.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Trust is generally earned over a period of time after one has observed another's honesty and integrity. Acceptance and tolerance is seeing people for who they are regardless of whether you trust them or not. I believe acceptance comes before trust.

5. Michael-Milec profile image58
    Michael-Milecposted 2 years ago

Acceptance ?- cautiously and gradually ( inside process concealed); after living this long among "the people " I do not trust anybody on "first" sight. Trust has to be earned and mutually demonstrated  plainly, how worthy  prize is being added to my life's journey safely, reasonably...

1. alancaster149 profile image86
      alancaster149posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear. I've had my trust thrown back at me often enough to know I shouldn't have accepted in the first place. I trusted too easily, then I grew up. Don't go a bundle on trust these days, but I'll accept if I like the look of  someone.

6. Yvonne Decelis profile image66
    Yvonne Decelisposted 2 years ago

I think that is a GREAT question. I don't know. I THINK trust...

7. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 2 years ago

depending on an individual situation one or the other comes first. for example, one circumstance is in a new relationship with someone versus someone known for a while, but recently hurt you. both of these are acceptance and trust situations, but from two different perspectives.

working