jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you contend that humans have androgynous qualities and are naturally bisexual

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you contend that humans have androgynous qualities and are naturally bisexual but are hesitant to

act upon such qualities and desires because of underlying negative sociocultural and religious conditioning that such are wrong, immoral, even evil?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12355621_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Mmmm...nah, other dudes never did anything for me (shrugs).

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Do I think I'm naturally bisexual? No, because I never held any attraction for other women.  Do I think that gender lines are solid? No.  I think society dictates a lot of "gender norms" that just aren't true. 

For example growing up - was never a "girly girl" really.  I liked to dig in the dirt and pick up bugs and snakes - things that made my grandmother almost want to faint lol.  I loved to play doing "boyish" things.  I hated barbies and loved Lego's.

Forward to adulthood - I am the woman who has very few pairs of shoes and I'd rather be flogged than go shopping at a mall.  I go wildly from dressing in jeans and a t-shirt to full out "girl" mode though with high heels and dresses, just depends on the day.  Most days I'm a plain jane ponytail no makeup kind of gal which is rather androgynous I suppose, but I can flip a switch and go completely feminine. 

So, I embrace a bit of the whole androgynous thing, but I have never been attracted to women in any way sexually.  I am not one that would have been swayed by church rules or society - if I was bisexual in the least I'd have been what I was and not had a problem with it.  I don't think we "choose" I think we are born being what we are going to be in most instances.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I tend to think of heterosexuality and homosexuality as a gradient, rather than a definitive line between black and white. This could be why straight men could find a male actor attractive, or a straight woman might experiment with her own gender at a time where no one else will know about it. The negative conditioning definitely encourages us to hide or repress such feelings.

working