jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Interview Dressing tips?

1. vrindaconsultants profile image61
    vrindaconsultantsposted 2 years ago

Interview Dressing tips?

Please share the dressing tips while facing interview with MNC company.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

Dress for the job you want.  Don't dress like the people in the office when you are going for the interview.  And if you don't know how the people in the office dress, you haven't done your homework to get ready for the interview. 

Take a resume with you and write a thank you note after.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I don't agree with Kathleen Cochran where she says, "Don't dress like the people in the office when you're going for the interview."  Maybe you should, maybe you should not.  Where do agree is where she said, "Do your homework."

You would be best served to 'look the part.'  I'm retired now but spent four-four years in the paid workforce and have held jobs ranging from messenger boy, factory worker, foundry laborer, trucker, clerk, radio officer in the marine, aviation and police fields, and even as an Antarctic expeditioner.   In each case I turned up with what I expected people would hire me.  That is, in the fashion I expected I'd be working.

For example, you wouldn't turn up expecting to get a job as a trucker wearing a business suit.  Jeans, a open shirt, maybe a old leather jacket or such would suffice.   On the other hand, if you were going for a job in a conservative office environment you probably would wear a business suit.   Once the job was obtained you might drop the suit coat and tie.

Whatever the job, approach those who would employ you like you're ready for the work...or could quickly learn it.  Look the part.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
      Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Tom:  You've just joined the largest demographic on the planet: people who disagree with me!  Welcome!

4. chefmancave profile image86
    chefmancaveposted 2 years ago

The number one rule to follow is "Always dress up, never dress down". If by MNC you mean Multi-National Corporation, then your answer is WEAR A SUIT. Another simple tip is to SHINE YOUR SHOES. One year ago I hired into a MNC and during the interview process, only 2 people out of 18 wore shined shoes. Both of us were hired.