|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|
The election of Donald Trump or Ted Cruz would qualify in my view.
Camden, New Jersey after dark.
Trust me, I've been there. It's like "Escape From New York" come to life.
The door on my mailbox!! Lots of bills and junk mail from companies hoping I'll buy something to add to my bills, I will not gather my mail for days on end. Or I will wait until late at night to open the gates of hell so as not to put a damper on my day!! (Except on my birthday and around Mother's Day!! ) )
(1) Having a somewhat precarious socioeconomic lifestyle.
(2) Working at a job just for the security & benefits, longing for the three factors of escape: breaks, lunchtime, & subsequently retirement.
(3) Being the oldest/older child of a large/very large family (need I say MORE). You oldest/older children of large/very large families KNOW EXACTLY what I am talking about(no need to go into details here).
(4) Being what someone else has ordained you to be instead of being yourself.
(5) Living a fearful life, never attempting to experience an even somewhat joyful life.
(6) Choosing comfort & security over risk, development, growth & ultimate evolvement as a human being.
(7) Pleasing others at the detriment of pleasing oneself.
(8) Dating & entering into a relationship w/someone you really don't feel comfortable with.
(9) Being in a VERY long line at Target on a Friday night (anytime).
(10) Going to a good department store & finding the clothing to be totally subpar.
(11) Being in a family with whom you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common yet having to make nice w/them at family gatherings.
(12) Entering into a career/profession at a parent's behest.
(13) Entering Colonial Park Post Office to pick up a package.
(14) Going to a high school reunion, knowing that your appearance has declined significantly over the years, hmmmmm.......
(15) Seeing that a classmate who came from poor background has become a phenomenal success while you simply.......HAVEN'T, oopsie.
(16) You have to move to a more downscale neighborhood.
(17) You, as a disfavored child, just don't seem to have any luck......oh well.
(18) When your apartment lights go out at night....
(19) Hunts Point, Bronx at anytime of the day &/or night.
(20) Any date w/Gabourey Sidibe.
(21) Bernie Sanders for president.
(22) The average blind date.
(23) Having to get out in frigid weather.
(24) Having to undergo dental implants.
(25) Having to undergo a root canal.
(26) Being placed in a nursing home, having to depend on someone for even the most minute thing.
(27) Going on a tourist destination which is considered to be third class.
(28) Being born to a dysfunctional family.
(29) Working in a serving or clerical capacity in any agency, company, or corporation.
(30)Growing up in a very crowded environment where there is NO privacy & always having to live out in the open.
(31) Going from upper middle class to lower middle, even working class.
(32) Striving & really not being as successful as one likes.
You'll probably delete my reply here (because I'm not really answering the question), but I can't say I've ever "considered" "Gates of Hell" at all. Maybe (now that someone else has mentioned it), I'd have to go with the "WalMart on Sunday" answer that someone else gave. In all seriousness, I'm not someone who is prone to either "dramatic thinking" or dark thinking. So, when it comes to any "Gates of Hell", I'd have to say that I'm very thankful to have so far (and knock-on-wood) been spared any first-hand experience with some of the "Hells" that are, or have ever been, out there in this world.
Yes, there are worse things out there than, say, WalMart before Christmas; but in a world where there has always been so many different "Hells" (over which there is no need for "dramatic thinking" or "darkness-prone thinking"), it's just kind of nice to pretend that the "horror show" that is WalMart on Sundays before Christmas is the biggest "Gates of Hell" problem we have.
by DinoMommy2 years ago
I'm just wondering what people thought about them....
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 years ago
In what ways are large/very large families UNJUST, even INHUMAN to oldest/older childrenin the family, oftentimes depriving them of a normal childhood/adolescence that oldest/older children in small & medium...
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
It seems that in large (6-7 children per household) and very large families(8 or more children per household), it is either middle or youngest/younger children who want LARGE families themselves, it is SELDOM the oldest...
by Money Fairy3 years ago
Do you think a woman with more than 8 children has a mental problem?Isn't it just a little insane to have so many children? Unless you are a gazillionaire how on earth could you afford so many children? And how much...
by H C Palting2 years ago
Do you believe that poorer and/or less educated people have more children whom they can't support?Do you know any ill effects to the child(ren) born to these families and society? If so, what are they?
by Christin Sander2 years ago
Why do people fear being alone?Loneliness can't be the sole answer, because there are many people who are surrounded by family, friends and loved ones and still feel lonely and unfulfilled. Why do many avoid being...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.