jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think flu shots are wise to get?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 months ago

Do you think flu shots are wise to get?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13745711_f260.jpg

2. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 4 months ago

You have to weigh the pluses and minuses.  Overall, I favor getting a flu shot.  It's a serious potentially life-threatening illness that should be taken seriously.

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 4 months ago

I am very pro-vaccination and I believe the world is a much better place because we have vaccines for deadly diseases. I believe they’re scientifically proven to be very effective, and for the vast majority of people, very safe.

With that said, I’ve never had a flu shot in my life and I don’t really plan on starting. My doctor always advises me to get that and a pneumonia vaccine because I have mild asthma, but I also have a major needle phobia, so for me it’s really about weighing if it’s worth putting myself through some trauma! I get all other vaccinations but skip the flu shot.

The flu vaccine is developed with really no idea which strain of flu will be most prevalent that year. It’s an educated guess and some years can be quite ineffective. So for me, getting a shot for something I’m not even sure will work, isn’t worth it. I’d definitely have to re-evaluate if I worked in a job where I was more likely to be exposed to it.

I think for people who don’t mind getting shots and for people who are extra vulnerable to flu complications, it really can’t hurt. The chance of having a negative reaction to the vaccine itself, like other vaccines, is very low. Especially if you’ve been vaccinated with no complications before.

So for me it’s a pass, but in theory I think it’s a fine choice to get it.

4. The0NatureBoy profile image51
    The0NatureBoyposted 4 months ago

Everyone must decide for themselves and their children based on their experiences with them. there are no "silver bullets" to heal everyone of nothing because all body's chemistry is different. Constitutionally, the government and AMA should not even attempt to allow what they know not to be true to be mandatory, that's an impeachment offense for the heads of AMA and President in seeking to make it mandatory. The president because he has to sign off on allowing it to become law.

5. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 months ago

I just got a flu shot this week; I figure why take any chances.  I don't want to be sick in bed with the flu so this is a good step to prevent the flu.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 months ago

if you want to be on the safe side, better take the flu shot, if it is free

working