jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you get flu shots and other types of shots?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image77
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Do you get flu shots and other types of shots?

As a retired US Naval Officer they give me a flu shot every year. Also other vaccines including one for the Shingles. How important do you think it is to get all these shots. Sometimes it makes me worry a bit if I really should be getting all these shots. What do you think? Do you get all these shots? Do you think it helps? Or has it ever made you sick?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7656979_f260.jpg

2. sparkleyfinger profile image91
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

I used to get the flu and pneumococcal vaccine, but my immune system recovered, so I don't need to anymore. I didn't really get any side effects, apart from a bit of tiredness... And I was happy to get them because I felt safer at work, as I work with the public.

3. ALUR profile image66
    ALURposted 5 years ago

So far(touch wood and whatever other superstitions to ward off illness...lol)
    I have not. I am weary of such vaccines only because I say a pharmacist once push the "product" for sale at the time. I am no opposed to it and have vaccinated my children, but for now my herbs are okay and a sense of "clean" helps ward off much of the junk out there...

4. Dr. Haddox profile image81
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do get a flu shot, yearly, and whatever other shots that are recommended by my personal primary care doctor. I understand, very well, the science that is working  to prevent  disease processes from occurring, as a result of taking the shots. The immunological principles underlying shots are quite simple actually.
    It is a personal decision whether or not one wants to take the shots. I tend to go with the shots because I have confidence in the immunological basis upon which this practice is founded.
    If the shots decrease the probability that I will come down with some of the serious flu strains or other illnesses, then I feel like it is worth it.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I never have received the flu shot, and never have had the flu. Since I've never had chicken pox, I've never worried about Shingles. I've only had the common cold and strep throat.

working