Shh h h h ... H e r d I m m u n I t y !

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

Why is This Subject taboo?

Wondering

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why? Because it's unlikely true unless there is a vaccine, which anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists are fighting against. Without "herd" testing which ain't happening, we will never  know, will we?

Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We need to test for antibodies to determine what degree herd immunity is occurring.

We should stop calling mere positive test results, "cases."

We should stop listing deaths as covid-caused, when the cause was underlying conditions.

Healthy people and kids, even though they test positive, are asymptomatic.

A case is when someone shows symptoms.

Most (healthy) people who have symptoms, (a case,) fight it off and don't die ...
        at all.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
          Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

What type of symptoms specific? Covid-19 or flu? Even if you're talking of human herds.

2. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 3 years ago

Kathryn -- The question is, who needs this global fear mongering by listing all deaths as corona-caused. With the same number of dead of corona as during any yearly flu season, why is this a "pandemic" and flu seasons are not? According to a holistic psychiatrist -- who got promptly removed from social media -- people are not dying from virus, but from prolonged fear. Anybody knowing anything about effects of stress on immune system will see it as a valid claim.

Thank You so much, ValKaras.

Who needs this global fear mongering? The same people who released CV19?

And Biden is beholden to them. Let the press ask questions and receive answers!

I think that's true. I saw where someone with covid fell down the staircase in his house and died. Cause of death was listed as covid. But did the covid cause dizziness and weakness which resulted in a fall, or would he have fallen anyway and died. Some cases are borderline and hard to tell. Also, some people who are asymptomatic actually have the virus and, although they technically aren't sick, they are infectious. Why should they not be counted among the covid victims if they are positive and capable of infecting others?
        Just tossing this in for your herd immunity theme: Medical researchers have found that some folks, especially those with type O blood, don't keep antibodies very long, or at all, after they've recovered from covid. That is something I hope they will study thoroughly because everyone from my parents to my grandchildren is type O+.

... well then, who is testing for antibodies?

My primary care doctor tested me for antibodies four months after I had something that was either a serious case of flu or covid in early February. I was given a flu test at the time and it was negative but we didn't have covid tests in my state then. In fact we were being told it wasn't even here yet, but we found out later that it was. My husband goes to the VA, and they are testing for covid now, but still not testing for antibodies. It seems to be a  hit and miss affair.

3. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 3 years ago

Kathryn -- I honestly don't see what spreading of this virus has to do with Joe Biden. It's against any logic that ANY politician would be behind it -- simply because countries are suffering economically big time, and it's not a healthy environment for any politician to get ahead.
    But, since John Hopkins University is the main source of reports about all global cases connected to corona, and they are known to be connected to Bill Gates (Big Pharma), Anthony Fauchi (is that proper spelling of his last name?), and some other super big figures in mega-business -- the question is, who is actually verifying all those numbers being reported?
    And, since they MUST know how detrimental is prolonged fear to public health -- why do they keep reporting? How do we benefit by knowing how many more people are tested positive and dead, from day to day? All we can do is follow the preventative instructions -- beyond that, all that scary information is doing nothing for us -- but a lot against us.
    It's like a gigantic global cry for a vaccine had to be created by advertising corona and its "horrors" -- while the number of corona victim hardly surpasses the number of fatalities from any regular flu season.

But again, I remember when people were connecting Trump's policies with his hair, his fingers, his young son's "abnormal behavior", and his wife's accent. It  looks like anything can be pinned on political adversaries -- so now I am not surprised that Biden is somehow "behind this pandemic".  In a political arena where ANYTHING GOES -- I am throwing in my towel, giving up on trying to make any sense there. It's fun, though, like any farce recurring every 4 years.

Joe is beholden to China due to the money he has received from them.
      He is not behind the Virus, silly.

4. profile image0
    Rotoiposted 3 years ago

Sent you multiple requests on Facebook to join with me. You didn't notice. Anyway, TA here. We need to talk. Let's chat corona-virus! big_smile

5. profile image0
    Rotoiposted 3 years ago

I'm planning to write original philosophies on this (and other forum threads that we shall create) forum thread. It's going to be interesting. No Facebook. Our philosophical chat shall no longer be lost. It will remain intact in the web format.

6. profile image0
    Rotoiposted 3 years ago

I'm going away for a while. Will be back soon.

Hi, Tanmoy A. from Dargeeling, India. Remember, I think you are a bot from China?
      No wonder you want to discuss CV19.

7. bhattuc profile image84
    bhattucposted 3 years ago

Medical people say that it would save us from wipe out. I think more has to be unravelled about it.

8. Glenis Rix profile image95
    Glenis Rixposted 3 years ago

The UK is about to offer antibody tests. But from a personal point of view, they are useless because it is not known if or for how long antibodies protect against contracting the virus again. The purpose of the test is to enable health authorities to gather more information about the coronavirus so getting the test is more a case of civic responsibility.
    We are 99% sure that an adult son who shares my house had the virus in the two weeks before lockdown - all the symptoms, very unwell, long recuperation. I probably had a very mild infection at the same time. But I am still being very cautious - don't visit enclosed public spaces and most definitely follow the regulations about distancing, masks (to protect other people as well as myself).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)