- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
The 12 best movie villains of all time!
Evil at it's best!
An intro and who almost made it.
The scoundrels that we movies goers love!
There will be some surprises as I do not write for or agree with the AFI. Nurse Rached did not make it!
Who almost made it?
The Terminator- The evil machine made famous by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and battled by Christain Bale.
Alex from A Clockwork Orange- Malcolm Mcdowell at his best!
Commodus from Gladiator- This evil psycho was blood thirsty beyond belief and was mastered by Jaquin Phoenix..
Otis from the Texas Chainsaw massacres.
The Phantom of the Opera- The violin playing mad man, that enchanted millions.
Nicolae Carpathia from Left Behind- Another one who seemed to be the good guy, but wasn't! He was much like Palpatine. In a way, they appeared to be modeled after each other.
Check out these other lists!
- The Legacy of Han Solo in Star Wars.
There is one character who's charm, wit, courage, and brashness, enriched a fantastic story like no other supporting character! Oh how the prequil missed him!
- What is your favorite Universal Monster, Monster Movie and Actor?
Learn more about the classic horror from universal, or vote for your favorite!
- Who was the King of the "Mobster Movies" ?
Out of Pacino, Diniro, Brando, and Pesci, who was the best Mobster? You decide and vote!
- The 13 best Twilight Zone Episodes ( The Old Black and Whites) With a new TZ QUIZ!
The old black and whites were amazing and far ahead of their time.
- The 12 best heroes from the movies!
And now the good guys!
- The 10 best actresses that play villains
Leading a life of crime that is! I made a list of the best actors who play bad guys. The same rules apply to this one. She must be scary, believable and of coarse, bad too the bone! This list was harder to...
- The twelve best actors that play bad guys.
THE SILVER SCREEN'S BEST VILLAINS- The Nature of this List- This list is not like an AFI ranking. No, it is from me, an avid movie goer and buff. I am not a movie promoter or a critic. Hollywood's famous...
The worst of the worst.
Here they are-
12. Darth Maul- A fierce warrior with strange powers. What was much stranger and made him harder to kill was his identity. No one knew who he was, where he came from, or how powerful he was. He was quiet, vicious, and loved battle! What more can you ask for in a bad guy?
11. Clarence Bodicker from Robo Cop- He was the cold hearted cop killer that stopped at nothing to rule "Old Detroit". One of the most powerful man made heroes was his arch enemy, and Clarence was a normal man with no special powers!
10. Palpatine from Star Wars- He made it because he seemed to be a good guy and a strong proponent of peace, freedom and justice. In actuality, he was evil and was plotting the demise of many. He pulled the wool over many people's eyes when he had all of the Jedi but Obi wan and Yoda murdered, started a war, and wiped out any planet or person who opposed him. He was in most Star Wars, and was played by the same actor each time.
9. Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. I didn't like the movie, but his character was relentless, and erie.
8. Jack Torrance from the Shining- "Here's Johnny" struck fear into movies buffs for decades!
7. King Edward Longshanks from Braveheart. This ruthless king didn't care who he had to kill to maintain control. No Scott or Irishman would be allowed to live free as long as he was alive.
6. Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street.-Freddy was a bad guy before he was murdered. This badly burned madman invaded and caused many nightmares.
The fierce five.
5. The Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood- He was after the hand of Maid Marion and the head of Sir Robin.
4. The Wicked Witch of the West- The evilest, and nastiest hag to hit the silver screen. Yes she was even worse than Joan Crawford!
3. Hannibal Lector - He was in many movies, and though some would have placed him higher, I couldn't rank number one and two any lower. Now, sit back, relax and enjoy a nice chianti and some fava beans!
2. The Joker from Batman- Why so high? Easy, he was a fascinating unique bad guy that was relentless and all but unstoppable. I loved Ceasar Romero, and Jack Nicholson in this role, but Heath Ledger brought this character to a whole new level! I almost gave it the top spot. **************************************************************************************
Sometimes the worst villains, and darkest of people, were once good. This one had a heart of stone, and killed his best friend and almost killed his son and daughter. Then they saved him.
The one and only behind the mask, a respirator, and of course, the voice.
1. Darth Vader, from Star Wars- This evil, dark warrior would do anything to rule the universe, until the person who was most like him, sought him out. Why Vader, aka Anakin Skywalker? His presence, his anger, and his most famous line from the Empire Strikes Back made him a "force" to be reckoned with! Bent on ultimate power and revenge, he lashed out at those who were just and destroyed those he could.