What do you guys/gals listen to when you write at Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Hikapo profile image79
    Hikapoposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7829552_f248.jpg
    I am open to all kinds of music. Fire away guys!

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Usually the sound of my wife, tap, tap, tapping on her keyboard!  We make a good duet.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is very sweet. smile

2. profile image0

Im all about Gavin DeGraw. I could listen to him all day, everyday... however I was listening to another favorite of mine, Mumford and Sons when I wrote a hub about them today.

3. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Been listening to this all day http://youtu.be/Xebxfxz3skw

1. profile image0

very pretty

1. snakeslane profile image80
          snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yah, great band, just discovered them. They have some live concerts on YouTube.

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 11 years ago
  3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I find that when I write non-fiction I need silence... I get too caught up listening to the songs and the lyrics...

1. profile image0

Well Im the same, to be honest, I find myself pausing songs when Im writing a hub... but its easy to have music on whilst on the forums or playing scrabble.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I need quiet too. It's OK if the family is watching TV and it's on low, but I can't listen to music when I write.

1. profile image0

I wrote one hub while I was watching a Bond movie and ended up including Bond in the hub. Most my hubs I write while life is going on around me, but I cant write at all with music on.

2. Hikapo profile image79
        Hikapoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yea, me too xD

4. ytsenoh profile image62
    ytsenohposted 11 years ago

It is extremely rare for me to have anything on while writing.  It's the way I like to focus on word and subject details.  Some people aren't distracted by the television or listening to music; I just focus and refine thoughts better while writing in silence.

5. DIYmommy profile image66
    DIYmommyposted 11 years ago

Personally, I prefer it to be absolutely silent when I write. No matter the type of music, I just get too easily distracted and I have a very difficult time focusing.

6. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38by00DGid0

Because I just discovered that one of my best hubs was coped AGAIN and I needed cheering up smile This does the trick every time and I feel better already.

I liked the other suggestions too smile

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Soft soft music , classical or solitary piano ,guitar , violin only , everything else is too distracting !

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I like absolute peace and quiet - and no interruptions.

1. profile image0

Genius at work.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Yeah right.

9. Zelkiiro profile image89
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Whatever Winamp queues up. Here's my Last.fm as a reference.

Examples include:
    Ayumi Hamasaki
    Nightwish
    Black Sabbath
    Iced Earth
    Manilla Road

10. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"What do you guys/gals listen to when you write at Hubpages?"

Well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_swaxOidGU

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
      wrenfrost56posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whatever it was got blocked when I tried to watch it sad

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Still works for me. My serious guess is that it is a national borders thing. I've been hearing a lot about that lately.

Yeah it said that it was because of the country I live in boo sad
          What is it?

Knock knock knocking on heaven's door...

Guns and Roses?

One of my all time favorite bands, but I didn't care for their version of this particular song.

Bob Dylan. I think the reason I preferred his version is because I think it is the version I remember from the Clint Eastwood movie. I could be wrong.

11. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 11 years ago

Now I am listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zztx7FBMr04 smile

12. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I was going to tell you about those special voices I hear, but I'll go with 'peace and quiet.'  Actually, I do sometimes have CNN going on, or some other TV thing.

That was me communicating with you when I meditate.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought I recognized the words.  I'll turn down CNN so I can hear you better.

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I generally don't have music on while writing.  I have doors or windows open and hear sea gulls and various other flying creatures and the sounds of outside.   Sometimes I play music while browsing or cruising through the forums, it varies with my mood and time of day. I like every form of music and enjoy listening to new artists. I tend to go through phases and will listen to a certain artist/band for a while then switch to something different.  I recently went through a Beatles phase after I watched a special about the making of Love by Cirque du Soleil.  Now it's Graham Nash and old Fleetwood Mac songs.

That's a true writer right there. Respect big_smile

14. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 11 years ago

Because most of my hubs are about music, listening to music and watching music videos on YouTube, is part of the research and creative process. If anything a lot of my music hubs take longer than they should because I spend more time listening and watching than actually writing!

That being said I generally have music on in the background even when I write non-music hubs. I find the sound of silence deafening, and I need something to help me focus my thoughts.

15. R Creighton G profile image60
    R Creighton Gposted 11 years ago

I do best with prog rock.

Currently:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-l_xqDyIJs

16. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

I usually listen to country music.  I have a playlist that that includes the best in country music with the oldies but goodies, and I love American Idol Scotty McCreery.  Today, it's Good Friday, so I'm not listening to any music... it's soooo quite, I can hear the buzzing in my ears.  No voices... so far. big_smile

Nice big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)