jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I really want to be a singer.

1. hottopicchik profile image53
    hottopicchikposted 8 years ago

I really want to be a singer.

I really want to be a singer, but I'm kind of young. Some people think I'm a freak in different ways, so I'm worried people wouldn't like my style. I'm worried about that. But on the other hand, if they look past the look, they really like me for me, and they love my voice. Few people think I sound like crap, but only a few. I'm too young for American Idol and don't get a lot of respect when I sing. So, how do I do it?

2. darrylcrawford profile image67
    darrylcrawfordposted 8 years ago

Ignore the nay sayers. Keep singing and you will improve. When you believe in yourself, you can do anything you set your mind to. It's all about your belief. Take the time to practice. I've listened to a guy that sounded horrible when he sang out in the streets but for some reason he didn't stop. After months of constant singing he sounded better to the point he would get people to sit down and listen to him sing. Practice is our best friend. Though I never heard you sing and in most cases if their are some who like your singing and a "FEW" who don;t, it's a strong guess of mine that the "FEW" are just hating on your gift. Never give up on your dreams. If you can believe it and see it, See yourself singing on stage and making hit records. Hey you go and do your thing. Just take all the proper steps to get there and just believing you can do it  and practicing is more than half the work.  Go get'em and keep singing and writing.

3. palmergalkat profile image54
    palmergalkatposted 8 years ago

As the saying goes "keep singing and reaching for the stars"....  (thanks Casey Kasam.)

Practice, practice and more practice.

You also have to be comfortable up on stage and you can if you find "the zone" of your song.  Sing something you believe in and tell the story that the song is about.  For example,  I sing alot of Evanescence because I'm able to pull from my soul what the lyrics are saying and I have lots of life experience to find the thing I need to perform their music.  I find a dark place in my life and suck myself into it to sing their music.  Once you find the zone you can block out anything but the music and it comes naturally from there.

If you have the talent and the ability to grip the audience, then all that's left is confidence.  You have to be a bit braggish and be able to back it up.

The youth are making lots of waves now a days in music so don't let your age keep you from your dreams.  Look at Charlotte Church, Josh Groban and the likes who all got their starts at very young ages.  Heck look at Michael Jackson.  He fronted a group before he was a teen.

... then keep reaching for the stars....cause you never know you just might get there someday!

Good luck
    an Alaskan DJ/KJ

4. Rose Ella Morton profile image60
    Rose Ella Mortonposted 6 years ago

Bringing a different singing style is good.  Get yourself a good mentor who like your singing and take it from there.

working