jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What's your favorite Black and White movie?

1. David R Bradley profile image84
    David R Bradleyposted 7 years ago

What's your favorite Black and White movie?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Wow ! what a question... How long you got ?

I have a whole list is fact I would go so far as to say that many of the black and white originals are far better entertainment than the so called modern re-makes they spawned.

How about;
    Inherit the Wind.
    The African Queen
    Twelve Angry Men
    The Dam Busters
    The Cruel Sea

I could go on... but there again many of the old movies were made by people who beiieved in what they were doing and at least tried to respect history and the truth.

Not like today where the emphasis seems to be only on being bigger with more spectaculor effects than the one before little storyline and even less plot.

3. DeathStroke profile image41
    DeathStrokeposted 7 years ago

Tough question but it would have to go to the movie I just got done watching. Which would be In the Region of Ice.

4. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

To Kill a Mockingbird

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Psycho

Modern Times

That's just for starters... I could go on and on

5. profile image0
    Bambinoposted 7 years ago

I loved The African Queen and  a lot more too many to list.

6. Research Analyst profile image82
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

My fair lady with Audrey Hepburn. and Rex Harrison 1964 classic

7. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 7 years ago

Merlin Fraser, I love you!!  Another B&W fan.  Merlin is right - there are just so many to chose from.  It was a time when things like plot, believability, lighting and great film making were something to be strived for.  Glorious black and white, the way films were meant to be seen.

I have to repeat "The African Queen"; but, would like to add:

To Kill a Mockingbird
    The Great Escape
    Brief Encounter
    Rear Window
    Three Came Home

8. wingedcentaur profile image85
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Right now I'm going to say The Killers with Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner. Its a classic film noir thriller based on a short story by Ernest Hemmingway. This is a movie I would love to see Quentin Tarantino do a remake of. I happen to think its perfect for him.

I like the movie as much for the way the story is told, as much as the actual story itself. There's more I could say, but I'm going to go for concision, for a change. I have many more selections, but you only asked for one. I'm going to also follow instructions, for a change.

Take it light, David R. Bradley.

working