jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a service in the UK where I can watch movies and television programs

1. TinaAtHome profile image72
    TinaAtHomeposted 7 years ago

Is there a service in the UK where I can watch movies and television programs

from the Internet. Here in the States we have Netflix (paid subscription) and hulu (free). Last time I went I planned on watching Netflix, but it’s blocked for the UK. Does hulu work there, or is there anything else?

2. surf traveler profile image83
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

Hulu won't work in the UK without a work-around. I looked into watching Hulu outside of USA. because I live in Costa Rica and can't watch it. Apparently it used to be easy enough to get around it with a proxy server, but Hulu got wise to this and they block it. I read that it may be possible with a VPN service, but I never tried that idea as my friend tried three VPNs and none of them worked for him. I found a site out of China that let me watch Survivor (I figured China doesn't respect anyone's copywright) and it worked well, except it had Chinese subtitles smile It was called Tudou .com

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

What, you actually want to watch USA TV, we import a lot of stuff from over there, about the only thing I've enjoyed is original Star Trek, everything else is rubbish, it seems to be the same here too, 90% of English TV is rubbish.  Brain dead TV.

4. SiouxTrick profile image61
    SiouxTrickposted 7 years ago

Have you tried surfthechannel.com? Quite sure it would work in states.