jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you watch movies in theaters?

1. jainismus profile image69
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Do  you watch movies in theaters?

I rarely watch movies in theaters. Generally I watch them on computer at home. What about you?

2. Alastar Packer profile image86
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Has to be a movie I really, really wanna see; its a trial nowadays just to get through the interminable local adverts and special effect action scenes; in the 70s and 80s the previews were almost pleasurable.

3. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

No, I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater.  Hollywood movies have no plot, no character development, are based on shallow entertainment that you forget two hours after you saw it.  Not only that, but it's Expensive!  Netflix online is way better!  smile

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

No, I do not go to the theaters any more. Wasting gas on the way to the movies, buying an $8 ticket, and purchasing a drink and popcorn? I could feed myself for a day with the money I would spend on that! No, thanks. I will just wait patiently for redbox or netflix.

5. Jeannieinabottle profile image90
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I hardly go to the movies anymore.  The prices are just too outrageous and I can't find enough time to go.  If it is a movie I really want to see, I may go to an early showing to save money.  However, I have to desperately want to see the movie.  I would rather wait for it to hit cable.

6. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

When I lived in Santa Monica I'd watch a movie a week at the cinema. There is something about being with a bunch of people and experiencing this visual journey together. We all laugh, cry or cheer at the same time. It's exhilarating!

7. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 6 years ago

You used to have wait ages for a movie to be released to dvd or be shown on Sky box office, but it doesnt take as long now for them to be released. And given the cost of a cinema ticket, i would rather wait. The only time i go to the cinema to watch a film now, is if it is one of my favourites that i have been waiting ages to come out, like Harry Potter or Transformers.

working