jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In your view, are news channels inherently biased? Do you believe there are unbi

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

In your view, are news channels inherently biased? Do you believe there are unbiased ones?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

All news -- all media -- is biased, but some more so than others. Bias is occasionally the point. I don:t mind bias as long as it exists in plain sight.

Of course, this means that no unbiased networks exist.

3. TinaMarieTad profile image78
    TinaMarieTadposted 7 years ago

I find it hard to believe that a CEO driven news organization can be fair and balanced, however, with that said, I do believe that there are news outlets that are less biased than some others.

4. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Main stream media is normally biased... however, now, with alternative media, reading both probably will give a certain element of truth of the matter.

5. Steppeno profile image76
    Steppenoposted 7 years ago

Press releases are the main reason for the biased coverage of most news stories and we are told that the stories that are covered are "News Worthy" because the network that is producing the particular story doesn't want to be left out of a situation that other networks are covering. There are millions of stories in the world every day that we will never have the opportunity to hear because the news we are fed is so biased.

I think it's great when individuals such as the contributors to Hubpages pass along their unique eye witness account of events that are taking place in the world around us. These are the sources of the "Real Stories" in the world.

6. shelly5027 profile image58
    shelly5027posted 7 years ago

I do believe that news channels now are a bit biased. As far as prejudiced goes, they don't really hide the way they talk about the people in our world. Although I am sure that there are news channels that are unbiased, it depends [I suppose] which channel you watch or who the news anchors are. Sadly the public watch this sort of thing and some are foolish to start using the mannerisms given in the news broadcasts. Maybe one day things will change?

working