jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does following celebrity gossip actually improve your life?

1. Chaotic Chica profile image68
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

How does following celebrity gossip actually improve your life?

If it doesn't, then why do you bother getting all worked up over what they are wearing and doing and eating and dating and all that jazz?

2. JillKostow profile image89
    JillKostowposted 7 years ago

I don't think it actually improves your life in a sense of making your life better, but I do think for some it allows them to feel better about their own life if the gossip they are following is negative in nature.  For example, if a celebrity is in rehab, it may make someone feel better knowing that even though the celebrity has money and nice things to show for it they don't exactly have their life together, but the average person who is just getting by in life has their life together.
    That's just my opinion anyway.

3. Road Trip Amy profile image61
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

I agree that it doesn't improve your life, and there really is no point in getting worked up over any of it.  But following it does often give you something to talk about with all kinds of people -- co-workers, friends, people you meet at the bus stop, etc.  It's a topic that many people know something about and creates common ground among people from all walks of life.  I'm a lawyer.  I can't chat with the security guards at my building about the latest Supreme Court decision on the 4th Amendment, but we do some major bonding about the latest dumb thing that Mel Gibson said.

4. EatLovePray profile image55
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

I don't really pay attention to all that to be honest. It doesn't impact your life much, it is just wasting your time. I don't have time to follow celebrity gossip!

5. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

There are people actually reading all about those things and that makes the news smile IF we all knew how to keep ourselves busy in our own little world then such celebrity gossip would not arise.

It is like a demand and supply thing...if no demand then definitely no supply of such news.

Some of us have got our life in order by defining our goals in life but some yet have to...thus the above.

6. Thunder Vixen profile image58
    Thunder Vixenposted 7 years ago

it doesn't..........................my answer is even too simple...

Closed to reply