jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (41 posts)

If You Were An Actor What Role Would You Like Best To Play...Be Creative!

1. fierycj profile image78
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

I'm more the director guy, but if I had to play a role besides myself :-) it would be Holden Caulfield from J.D.Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. I read that book as a kid, and I never realized how much it impacted me, till in my teen years when adults would tell me I act like Holden. I had to go read the book again, and it chilled me to my bones reading thru the characters sense of reasoning. Mine exactly! It still chills me till date! If I could play any part better it would be that. But thats too juvenile a role for me now. Another role I would totally kill is Elijah, or Elisha. But mainly Elijah, cos I like the idea of a prophet that sits on a mountain all day long, wearing nothing but camel's skin, and whenever anyone bothers him, he just calls down fire from heaven to burn them up. The idea that someone can call down from fire from heaven anytime he pleases kills me everytime I think about it. Basically anything Fire kills me, come to think about it. I would kill the role of Elijah in a movie. No friggin' kidding!

2. fierycj profile image78
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

Any takers?

3. Chloe Comfort profile image58
    Chloe Comfortposted 8 years ago

Lame maybe but for me it would be Buffy - as in The Vampire Slayer (tv series not movie). Any role where the woman is kickin butt would be cool for me.

fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That isn't lame. But not creative either. smile but thanks anyway.

4. dohn121 profile image84
    dohn121posted 8 years ago

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY5NTM3NzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQzNzc3._V1._SX485_SY324_.jpg

When I was a kid EVERYONE thought I was him!  Just for kicks, I wouldn't mind playing him.

the photo isn't showing on my end.

5. dohn121 profile image84

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/short-round-indy.png

How about now?

Who's he? Looks familiar.

1. dohn121 profile image84
        dohn121posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'll find his name, but this pic is from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."  He also played Data in "The Goonies."

Yes. Temple of Doom. What a hilarious kid. And he's got your sense of humour too. smile

6. maven101 profile image80
    maven101posted 8 years ago

I would like to play the shark in " Jaws "...some real tasty nibbling by that guy...

BTW, how do you download a pic to the forums like the previous hubber..?

Just go to formatting tips you see all the tags. Its something like this. [img]image url[/img]

7. mayhmong profile image67
    mayhmongposted 8 years ago

Hmm...I would like to play as one of the good guys and karate chop some badass. Bwahaha!...Strange coming out of a girl.

not really. A woman shouldn't be too girly. Girly's good, dont get me wrong. But there's a limit.

2. dohn121 profile image84

Not at all, May!  I want to blow up planets and fight Jedi like this guy:

http://robhahn.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/star-wars-episode3-darth-vader.jpg

He's my favorite Bad Guy of them all!

8. Bredavies profile image76
    Bredaviesposted 8 years ago

Ok I want to be an actress So I have put thought into this. I want to start out as a bad guy..But then later on I want to have a change of heart and join the good guys. But I still what the bad attitude.

Oh and flame throwing abilities would also be AMAZING!!!

hey, I inspire you, dont I...flame on! smile

1. Bredavies profile image76
        Bredaviesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Aha! For sure! and I just love fire. Guilty pyro.

lol

9. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 8 years ago

I would like to play role like mj ghost

Very interesting...This is new.neutralsmile

I think so, too. Would make a brilliant screenplay, I must say. A horror flick based on MJ's ghost. I must get on this immediately. My mind is racing.

10. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Nothing original , sorry, CJ tongue lol ...Lois Lane, love object of Superman lol lol

Hmmm Dame. You wanna be scooped up by a hunky fella, huh. Might just fly into your house. *winks*

11. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 8 years ago

I haven't written a good enough part for me yet. lol But I think I would like to play Mary Magdelene.

Very.cool

2. fierycj profile image78

Interesting. Very soulful woman. Do you know she had seven demons cast out of her!

12. dohn121 profile image84

How cool would it be to do the voice of a Disney character?

http://www.photofurl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/simba-cartoon-wallpaper.jpg

Although I wouldn't want to sing.lol

13. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

I was thinking Mac (Jack Nicolson) in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest but that didn't end too well.........lol

14. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 8 years ago

I'd like to have been on the Omaha beach scene in "Saving Private Ryan"...even as an extra! Just to feel as close to what they must have felt...with out the "reality" of it all. But then...I like Military History...alot!

Spoken like a true poet. smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image76
        manlypoetrymanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks fiery. :Poet hmm  :poet smiley face:

15. OtoyaCasanova profile image57
    OtoyaCasanovaposted 8 years ago

I'd like to play a gun-toting Paladin Superhero
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb206/koragg200/Kamen%20Rider%20/Kamen%20Rider%20Kiva/img4c1f1e7azik8zj.jpg

16. indian cooking profile image69
    indian cookingposted 8 years ago

I would like to play Detective.

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

For me I would want to play one of my own characters in a movie, one that I dreamt up, wrote and breathed into life, one that will of course kick butt in either a fantasy, a mystery, or a horror movie.

18. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Would like to play a Choreographer.

19. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 8 years ago

I would like to play a role like Neo in the Matrix - the whole virtual encounter would be nice to play in and it involves technology which is a passion for me.

20. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 8 years ago

I would love to play the part of Margo Channing (orginally played by Bette Davis) in All About Eve.

21. Helen Cater profile image80
    Helen Caterposted 8 years ago

Scarlet O'hara the feisty mare.....

22. chrissie123 profile image59
    chrissie123posted 8 years ago

I have thought about this for a while now. I would love to play someone in a resident evil movie. Perferably a bad-ass like alice. I would love to see myself killing zombies and looking good on the big screen.

23. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

i would like to be the leading lady in one of your movies Fiery do you pay well?????

working