jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think that celebrities have bad influence over young children?

1. jamesroy11143 profile image59
    jamesroy11143posted 7 years ago

Do you think that celebrities have bad influence over young children?

2. giwrgos12 profile image54
    giwrgos12posted 7 years ago

Celebrities do have far too much influence over teenagers. This is sad, because these celebrities who take drugs and behave inappropriately aren't a good influence at all. Teenagers should definitely be themselves, but at that age it is difficult, as they tend to search for people to look up to, and celebrities just aren't the right kind of people.

3. kookoo88 profile image61
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

A lot of celebrities provide a good influence as well.  Natalie Portman is a college graduate who has written well respected papers.  She has her life together.  Many celebrities do good things.

I agree that celebrities have too much influence overall.  I will say that children who have a strong family and community around them are much less likely to be swayed by celebrities than children with absentee parents.

4. Loving_Life profile image59
    Loving_Lifeposted 7 years ago

I think that some of the celebrities do have a bad influence on the younger generations.

Just because of the way they dress, what they do(party,drinking,drugs etc).
    Young kids see this and think its cool so they want to try it out.

And some of the music nowadays is terrible also, if you listen to some of the words of some songs then you'll know what I mean...

5. celebritie profile image83
    celebritieposted 7 years ago

From what I understand most celebrities do not feel that they are role models which is kinda of contrary to popular belief.

6. Rob Ballantyne profile image59
    Rob Ballantyneposted 6 years ago

Partly yes, but on the other side of the argument you could argue that celebrities have a positive influence.  I am not really into celeb culture, but without celebrities many kids may have nothing to aspire to.

working