jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you cry underwater?

1. edekeful profile image82
    edekefulposted 7 years ago

Can you cry underwater?

2. hassann profile image71
    hassannposted 7 years ago

Your tear glands can function under water I guess and you can open your eyes. So technically you can weep but your tears would immediately mix with water. As for the actual crying part, I don't think it is possible to make any sound under water as water would rush down your throat when you open your mouth.

3. Darknlovely3436 profile image74
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

why would a person want to cry underwater?
    and your answer is yes,

4. Jordan Hemmann profile image60
    Jordan Hemmannposted 7 years ago

What a strange question! I'm assuming that since you can't breathe under water, you can't "fully" cry under water.

5. badegg profile image79
    badeggposted 7 years ago

Yes. For a short time.

I remember when I was about ten, I was on a diving board over a pool. My older brother jumped on the diving board behind me and the concussion of the springing board broke my ankle as I fell into the deep end of the pool.

I sank to the bottom of the pool screamiing silently in pain, and I realized that no one could hear me, and that I couldn't inhale to scream again without taking on water. I pushed off of the bottom with my injured ankle and my good one, and popped to the top gasping for air and crying at the same time.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I'd say you can.    It wouldn't be hard behind a scuba-divers face mask.   Be even easier in a submarine.

working