What moment touched your heart so deeply that it made you cry?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. gmaoli profile image60
    gmaoliposted 12 years ago

What moment touched your heart so deeply that it made you cry?

2. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 12 years ago

The moment my friends and family came to the airport to say goodbye, when I left to Spain to start a new life on my own. A beautiful, sad and positive moment, since it was the beginning of something new and exciting.

3. Swetankraj profile image62
    Swetankrajposted 12 years ago

The love of my parents when i am suffering from brain hammerage. They cared me the time most and many nights holding my hand till night that if i won't get any kind of scared. Made my cry by seeing their sympathy and love for me! Parents are really great gift of god. I thanks god for giving me parents so lovely and caring!

They have passed many nights without sleeping but sitting beside me. Memorizing those moments really touched my heart which made me cry!

4. YvetteParker profile image59
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

I guess I'm just a cry baby.
    Anytime I see someone else crying, I tear up and cry.
    There are times in church when I will cry for no apparent reason; other than the move of the Holy Spirit.
    I cry when my children say or write something earnestly from the heart.

5. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 12 years ago

When my son got married he had the DJ play a song for me and him to dance. It made me cry!

6. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 12 years ago

Ther are so many that is difficult for me to pick one. But on the top of the list would be the moment my children were going to school one morning, I was still inside getting ready to leave. My son (7), stormed in sobbing, and I could hear my daughters crying out side the house. When I went to the drive way, our kitten  was on the edge of the side walk, he was ran over by a car or something. Both girls (8) and my son were calling out to wake up the cat. One of the kids even asked me to cure the kitten  ( I was an ER nurse back then) I have never seen any thing like that in my children. Even the neighbor came and had to remove the cat and put it in an empty shoe box. It's been almost ten years, and still my eyes water when I remember them kneeling around it and begging for me to wake up "Mittens".

7. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 12 years ago

Seeing my sweet little sister for the first time after she was born.  Knowing, at age 11, that she was totally dependent on us, I wanted to be the best big sister:)  How precious children are!

8. NiaLee profile image61
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

when my kids were born, when saw my parents again after a few years of separation, when I left my son for the first time to travel abroad.

9. Hawkesdream profile image64
    Hawkesdreamposted 12 years ago

The day I stood in front of Leonardo DaVinci's original drawings. It was overwhelming.

10. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

The end of the last Lord of the Rings movie where Aragorn makes everyone bow for the hobbits.

11. moonfairy profile image74
    moonfairyposted 12 years ago

there have been so many in my life, but I think I cried the hardest when my son moved out of the house in his junior year of college. Walking into his empty bedroom just ripped my heart out, I sat on the floor and sobbed. Ugh.

12. tgopfrich profile image69
    tgopfrichposted 12 years ago

this will be long..
    Ok its something I did for my husband before we were ever even officially together. Myself and my friend had planned this beautiful candlelit picnic alongside the lake, in sylvan lake. Down a road not well travelled. There was chocolate mouse, chocolate covered strawberries, a nice blanket, candles stuck in the dirt all around and i had picked out specific music for the night. I had also picked out some nice champaigne for the special night.
    I had asked John out on a date and set the date and planned for my friend to go to the spot to prepare the area while I took out my future hubby to a movie. After the movie I had blindfolded John and drove him out to Sylvan Lake, all the while he was getting very anxious. When we got there, I set up my laptop to play the music I had picked, walked around the truck and opened his door and helped him out. I told him to take off his blindfold...I could have sworn i seen a tear. He hadn't said anything for so long I though he was weirded out..but then he said thank you so much..no one has ever done anything like this for me.
    It was the most beautiful frist date ever and i am already getting teary just writing this out. I love my hubby so much.

13. pappo profile image59
    pappoposted 12 years ago

There have been many moments in my life when I felt like crying. Most of the time were about beautiful things happening. I felt like crying when I was at my official engagement party. Second when my son was awarded a prize in eight grade for Achiever of the Year. Then when my daughter got married, when her son was born, and when my youngest went out of the house to go to college. I also feel like crying anytime anyone has some great opinions about all my children or my husband. I guess I am a softy!!!

14. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

someone spoke words to me that told of how they had valued me...without sharing in what context they were said..i can only say...i was so very humbled...one does not know how others view us...unless a soul steps forward and volunteers the words...i wept..openly...

15. mitowrite profile image65
    mitowriteposted 12 years ago

Anytime someone sacrifices themselves the another person or for the greater good. Not necessarily dying Heroes I guess you can say. Whenever I hear about someone putting themselves at risk because they cared more deeply about someone else to do so. Call it selfishness, but I am deeply touched by stories like that.

16. Seek-n-Find profile image71
    Seek-n-Findposted 12 years ago

My best friend lost her husband in a tragic accident leaving her with two young children.  I lived with her for a few years to help her out.  We've been through a lot together--I've been there with her through her hardest times and she's been there for me through my toughest times.  She recently started telling me how much I mean to her and she started crying--which made me start crying.  Our friendship is so rare and beautiful and I know that no matter what, we will always be there for each other.  There is complete safety for us to be honest about life--the good and the bad--and we encourage one another and help each other out. We've both experienced loss and therefore we both really appreciate the blessings in our lives--this friendship being one of them.

And an ongoing experience that makes me cry like a baby is whenever I stop and just wrap my mind around and open my heart up to God's love for me.  Whenever I sense His presence, I can't help bursting into tears.  The love is so overwhelming that my body can barely contain the goodness of His presence--tears are my language of love sometimes--it is a way I say, "Thank you" when I cannot find the words to suffice.

17. poeticmentor profile image74
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

When someone overcomes overwhelming odds. A great success story where someone has triumphed over crippling adversity and impossible conditions. Breaks my heart with joy and hope. I also cry at weddings. smh

18. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 12 years ago

Gabrielle Giffords, when she was shot, when she had a super story of healing and knowing that if a nobody  without health insurance ( like the rest of AZ)- she would still be flat on her back. She had to go to Texas for recovery.

Arizona doesn't even pay for an infected tooth pull but will pay for x-rays only. (Gotta pay the doctors!)

AHCCCS" means the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System. I think 2 of those C's should stand for cruel cuts

19. Voronwe profile image60
    Voronweposted 12 years ago

I have an easy disposition for crying though I seem the opposite from the outside. Everytime I think of my mother is one such moment. Growing up, I (the middle child of three) was never close to her. No hugs, tears or confessions…only anonymous displays of gratitude. She loved us all…but I stood in the sidelines and watched the love she had for my brothers. All mothers have that nameless deep bond with their firstborn and my younger bro was simply too adorable. I never sought for her attention and she gently teased me for my unwavering coldness and must have thought, ‘what a strange child!’ But my brothers left and in that one long season, I came to know my mother as I never had before. Her life, the trials and sacrifice…the little facets of her past. It had been an overwhelming experience. I guess it’s like that with all mothers…one could never know them completely. You can know more than your mother…accomplish more but you cannot be better than her.
    Another thing that makes me cry are my beloved characters when I pen them down…the heart literally breaks inside. And thrice, i saw one in my dreams (should have been impossible)...I cried the whole day!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)