Where do you get your news from? Do you consider it reliable?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image76
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Where do you get your news from? Do you consider it reliable?

2. mulberry1 profile image92
    mulberry1posted 7 years ago

I like to get my news from a variety of sources since any source has the potential of being slanted or biased. This is true particularly with anything political.

With political news I like to check sites like politico.com. Factcheck.org is also good about getting the "facts". I do confess I like NPR, but even some of the broadcast TV news stations seem to be less biased than almost any of the cable news stations.

I do read some liberally oriented publications and I occasionally listen to some very conservative radio shows. But neither are what I depend upon.

3. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 7 years ago

I pretty much avoid magazines and newspapers and cable/broadcast news.

I like Newshour with Jim Lehrer on NPR.  His editorial guidelines are pretty good - one of them being, "I am not in the entertainment business"- Which I wish others would go by (CNN for instance which has become a joke).

For a quick overview of news I generally peek at the BBC or Reuters.

If I want any real news, there are some very good professional blogs around (informationdissemination for example).

I generally steer clear of the larger blogs as well (Huffington Post types).  Not necessarily for bad articles but for a complete lack of comment moderation.