jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

You're banished to live by yourself forever and allowed one music album. Which o

1. crankalicious profile image93
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

You're banished to live by yourself forever and allowed one music album. Which one do you take?

Is this necessarily your favorite album? Whatever your answer, please provide some details as to why.

2. Filou profile image64
    Filouposted 6 years ago

One Album... now that one is hard, since I very often tend to live by the mood of the music that is just being played (5 square meters of vinyl in my living room shall prove this). If I wouldn't be able to switch between the styles then there should be something that keeps me "driving" but calm – so nothing more than (absolute maximum) of 145 beats per minute. I seriously just started chewing my fingernails because of this question... it is surely impossible to choose one album. Thank you crankalicious for nearly driving me insane.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Book of Secrets by Loreena McKennitt--I never get tired of it.  It is very relaxing and just makes me feel good.  I would say it is my favorite album, followed closely by anything by Dean Martin.  Love the old stuff.

4. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

I would choose nothing. If I was going to live by myself forever, there would be no point in living anymore.

5. pharmacygirl profile image55
    pharmacygirlposted 6 years ago

at the risk of getting picked on any of the delta goodrem ambums smile

6. Lenzdp08 profile image61
    Lenzdp08posted 6 years ago

I am just going to be Mathematical on this one.... I checked my i-tunes library and the top played album is Copeland- Beneath the Medicine Tree. You probably never heard of it, but yeah I hope it never comes down to that. I love so much music and different types of music. I write about it all the time.

7. Dexter Yarbrough profile image84
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Stevie Wonder's famous album 'Songs in the Key of Life.' This 2 disc recording has great music from one of the best musical artists in the world. If I can only have one album, this would be the one.

8. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

I have several CD's recorded especially for me which have songs on them with special memories attached ..I would choose one of those....and probably try to sneak in all of them as it would be hard to choose .

9. Cragganmore Kid profile image60
    Cragganmore Kidposted 6 years ago

Hmmmm... Guns N Roses 'Appetite For Destruction' is my all time favourite album so I'd have to go with that.

I'd struggle to survive without sneaking Jeff Buckley's 'Grace' in there too though.

10. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

eeek!  Thats a toughie! 

I'd have to say Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Funny, I don't even have any Led Zeppelin on my Ipod, but "The Rain Song" always has relaxed me and given me peace.  hmm, I also couldn't imagine not hearing "Over the Hills and Far Away" again.  So, I guess its not my favorite album, but one I wouldn't want to live with out

11. Mandrake_1975 profile image90
    Mandrake_1975posted 6 years ago

Megadeth's Cryptic Writings album so that I can listen to "I'll Get Even" as I plot my revenge.

12. Pamela Sarzana profile image61
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

Pink Floyd...Dark Side of the Moon..I never would get tired of it, your probably going to go "bonkers" any way, so what  better to listen to?

13. thebrucebeat profile image58
    thebrucebeatposted 6 years ago

Stephen Sondheim's "A Little Night Music".  Alternately makes me laugh my butt off and moves me to tears, and the complete command of both music and lyrics inspires me.

14. trecords0 profile image61
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

For me it would be a collection of Stravinsky.  His composition and orchestration skills along with his command of the mechanics employed within his musical devices could make me forget about my situation until the end of my life.  He influenced so many other composers and had such a rock and roll attitude.  Listening to him would also remind me of those he influenced like Maurice Ravel and Frank Zappa.  Of course I would have to have some manuscript paper and writing utensils, because it would inspire me to compose.  Think I'm going to listen to Fireworks now.  Thanks for the question.

working