jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are secrets a thing of the past?

1. cjcarter profile image76
    cjcarterposted 6 years ago

Are secrets a thing of the past?

In this information age, when knowledge is at our finger tips, do we feel entitled to be able to access information on anything... or anybody?

2. jtyler profile image59
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I don't feel entitled to.  I think this is one of the downfalls, however, of our interconnectedness.

3. CJ Andrews profile image92
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

We may feel it, but that doesn't mean it is right.  And there are still plenty of secrets out there.

4. CeresTine profile image57
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

If it is public information and it does not threaten national security then yes, Otherwise personal privacy should be respected.

5. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

no, I for sure have secrets that are kept with me.

6. MazioCreate profile image71
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

There'll always be secrets and people who hold them near.  Social media however, does make it easier to share what you have sworn to keep private. You may not use a person's name, but at the same time our friends and acquaintances will quickly catch onto who and/or what you're talking about.  Hold a friend's or family member's trust dear, as trust is the most important component of a friendship and the hardest to gain.

7. AlexanderP profile image60
    AlexanderPposted 6 years ago

feel, yes. i know i feel that i am. but actually entitled or not, i don't we are actually entitled, just allowed access when we need it.

8. Nick Lee profile image53
    Nick Leeposted 6 years ago

No I definitely still tell secrets.  For instance, I wet the bed until I was 16.

9. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

Counter Question: How can secrets be a thing of the past with the CIA still in operation?

10. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

i can't tell you.  it's a secret.  the answer's too short.

11. INDIAGUIDE profile image38
    INDIAGUIDEposted 6 years ago

In technical world it is the past. But in wealth matter it is future.

working