jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who here watches movies or TV with subtitles or captions??

1. YadiraE profile image87
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

Who here watches movies or TV with subtitles or captions??

Even though I know the language, I just can't help it and have to turn on the subtitles. Some people don't like them, but l love them!!

2. Frank Atanacio profile image82
    Frank Atanacioposted 6 years ago

I do  and I love the Spanish movies and the French.. I find they have the earthy qualities.. the 1970's art of film...

3. harman001 profile image59
    harman001posted 6 years ago

i also have a habit of watching movies with subtitles turned on. most of the times wen subtitles are not available i am not able to enjoy the movie that much

4. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm with you, I love subtitles.  There's just way too much that I seem to miss when I'm watching the movie without them.  And as for foreign films, subtitles are a must, I can't stand any that are dubbed.

5. breathing profile image60
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I like to watch English movie with subtitles. It helps me to understand the movie clearly. Because, I am not a native English.

6. profile image0
    Charlene Marianoposted 6 years ago

I also loved watching movies with subtitles. For it made me appreciate the film's screenplay better and help me really understand the plot. Some who thinks people who watch movies with subtitles are freaks are just ignorant, hypocrites.

7. L. Spikes profile image88
    L. Spikesposted 6 years ago

I put on subtitles mostly with foreign films and television shows. I love the sounds of different languages. I'm not a fan of English dubbing. Subtitles are also a great tool if you like to study languages.

8. jzorro profile image60
    jzorroposted 6 years ago

I'm portuguese... So here there's the habit of sub-titling every foreigner movie.

9. Roy Perrin profile image62
    Roy Perrinposted 6 years ago

Subtitles can enhance a movie by allowing it to be watched in it's intended or original language.  I don't watch a lot of them, but some examples are The Passion of the Christ, Ong Bak (and it's sequels) even the Da Vinci Code went back and forth between English and French (with subtitles) and it made for a more realistic drama.  When movies get dubbed in English they lose a lot of the passion the actors worked so hard to portray (think Godzilla).