jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

1. Clayton Fernandes profile image80
    Clayton Fernandesposted 6 years ago

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

i always find this confusing. and then I start to count from 1 end of the row to the other & calculate the number of elbows and armrests, but then I get lost in between and the movie starts.

2. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I would suggest that you check which side the cup holder is on in the first chair in the isle. If it is on the left then the left side is your arm rest. I never thought of this before. Great question!

JSMatthew~

3. Clayton Fernandes profile image80
    Clayton Fernandesposted 6 years ago

haha well the Cinema's we have here, all the arm-rests have  cup holders on it like its built into it. so if you dint bring drinks you could end up sitting with people on your left and right using the cup holders thats on your arm rests assuming everyones figured whos arm rest are whos now again.

4. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

You're working too hard on this.  I don't pay attention to the arm rest or cup holder.  Depends on where my husband is sitting.  I put the arm rest up, then I lean on him and watch the movie.  He's the one holding the buttered popcorn.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It's whichever one (or two) you manage to gain control of.   

Movie seats aren't made with enough armrests for everyone in the row to get two, so depending on who sits down first and picks a side, that's who gets that particular arm rest.

6. makusr profile image60
    makusrposted 6 years ago

Whichever is unoccupied and if you are still in doubt then cocentrate on the movie, for these things come to mind when the movie is boring.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I use a rule of thumb. Most people are right handed so they drink with their right hand. Thus the right cup holder and armrest should be yours. Note the word should. Sometimes it does not belong to you.

8. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

I'm there to enjoy a movie so I use both of them if I can. But I tend to lean on the side of my man for love, chemistry and the warmth of his body next to mine.

9. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

I'm right handed, so if I am sitting with someone, I prefer to have my drink on my right side.  The only exception to this -- is if I am seated on the far left directly on the aisle.  Then I may put my drink on the Left hand side.

working