jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Could reviews or ratings a movie gets persuade you to watch or avoid it?

1. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Could reviews or ratings a movie gets persuade you to watch or avoid it?

How important are other people's opinions about movies in determining whether or not you'll watch it?

2. anjperez profile image78
    anjperezposted 6 years ago

instead of reading of the review, i go through the comments instead of how real people perceived the movie. can never go wrong with that.

3. Jade Evans profile image67
    Jade Evansposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, yes. There's been some movies that I haven't been that interested to see but have watched them because they've had so many rave reviews. Bad ratings don't deter me though. Sometimes I'll watch movies specifically because they've had really terrible reviews, just so I can decide for myself.

4. B. Ferguson profile image60
    B. Fergusonposted 6 years ago

If you can find a film critic that seems to share your taste when it comes to movies, then stick with that one particular critic. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find one. Rotten Tomatoes, however, usually steers me in the right direction. Sure there are times when a movie that scored a 90 is lousy, but in general the Tomatometer is pretty accurate.

5. giopski profile image63
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

An objective review always helps.  It gives one a heads up of what to expect from the movie.  At times, it may not be what the majority says but an objective review always gives a better perspective.  Check out my recent review of Breaking Dawn: Part I

6. Doctor Kristy profile image89
    Doctor Kristyposted 6 years ago

Yes. There's this one reviewer that really irks me. So when he wrote that he enjoyed a movie, I decided to not go to it.

I made the right call, some friends went and saw it and they said it was a real stinker.

7. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I never trust Rotten Tomatoes or such sites, but if a lot of people on You Tube like it, I might see it.