jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Do you like opera singing?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

Do you like opera singing?

2. Ginger GillenH20 profile image73
    Ginger GillenH20posted 6 years ago

Not really a fan, but it does fascinate me. Guess I lean more toward "yes" than "no." I don't really understand it, but I think it's beautiful.

3. randomcreative profile image94
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Sometimes.  I tend to like operas by my favorite composers like Mozart.  I'm more of a fan of the music than of the overall style.

4. kschimmel profile image49
    kschimmelposted 6 years ago

Yes.  I admire the skill and practice it takes to make the human voice perform at that level.

5. tonyfischer profile image81
    tonyfischerposted 6 years ago

not a big fan.  I have heard some that is beautiful but like anything else Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.....or something like that.

6. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

I admire the skill of opera singers, but as a singer-- it is not a style that appeals to me.  I've goofed around and belted out some tunes like an opera singer, but I feel much more comfortable singing R and B songs-- or tunes that are more "pop".

7. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image68
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 6 years ago

Yeah, i'm the best opera singer in the world. Seriously! I do enjoy opera music though, Tarja Turunen, former singer of Nightwish, Michael Crawford (Ooooh Betty!) are among my favorites tongue

8. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

I been to two opera's as a child with my elementary junior high school.  I actually like watching the Phantom of the opera, and Les Miserables. 

Both movies were fun filled with many differing sights to see as well as the more common singing itself.  I don't like listening Opera on the radio though, it tends to get annoying after a while to me.

9. Daisy Mariposa profile image88
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Yes, I enjoy opera very much. In fact, I've published two opera-related Hubs. One article described my favorite arias and duets. The other article described my experiences appearing as a supernumerary (extra) in a few operas.

10. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I like the Baroque classics, and a few modern ones doing the old classics lol.  None of that stereotypical stuff.

11. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

I prefer it if it is in English that way I would understand it a little more.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
      LoisRyan13903posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just watched the Movie Phantom of the Opera and love many songs from it.  I guess some of them would qualify as Opera such as the Music of the Night

working