jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you written any music?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Have you written any music?

2. christianajohan profile image57
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have written about 5 songs. One for God, one for my lover, one for world, one for myself and one for the victims of World Trade Center.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Not really, but I do have a knack for creating Weird Al Yankovic-style parody lyrics to established songs off the top of my head. Unfortunately the majority of them are unprintable so I can't share them here. big_smile

4. mkeith profile image61
    mkeithposted 6 years ago

Yes, for my daughter.  I had the conditioner song, the dry my hair song, etc...  It always seemed easier to do these things if I could entertain her with a song.  Of course this is when she was between the ages of 3 and 5.  She can now handle these sorts of tasks on her own fairly well.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

Yes, but only for music theory courses.  It was fun, though, to do it. I've written parody lyrics before - does that count?

6. maddadkeith profile image66
    maddadkeithposted 6 years ago

Since re-starting to play the guitar in August of 2010, after a 40+ year absence, I have written 20+ songs. I am working diligently (and mainly) with 70+ songs to prepare for a stab at busking as a new career. Why busking (street entertainment)? I spent (and plan to return to) 6 months in Las Vegas in 2010, and listened to a few of the buskers there. I know that I am just as good as they are.
    And yes, I will post them on HubPages asap. I am supposed to be retired due to health reasons. Somehow I wind up putting in about 14 hours/day with my photography, writing and music, an hour or more a day on exercising, and I still have to find time to take care of my home and myself.

7. nwsinglespeed profile image90
    nwsinglespeedposted 6 years ago

Hi Starstream,

After a million years of playing guitar I figured I'd try my hand at songwriting, and in the past 10 years or so have written and recorded some of them. If you really are interested, you can hear my songs on my site at www.buzzsawmusic.com - if you use the jukebox player in the center of the page, you have to select the song first, then hit play..it can be confusing.

On another note, I'm going to write a hub about a new service I found online for music collaboration called GrooveZoo. They had a contest that is nearing the final stages, but basically songwriters could upload a song and individual basic tracks for it, and then musicians around the world could add their own tracks, and finally, engineers could mix a version. If you go to groovezoo.com/buzzsawmusic you'll see playable versions of my song Turning Of The Page in the middle section. I think I like the version called "turning final" by AnnihilationRob the best.

Anyway, that's one of my songs, with me playing the guitar, bass, and singing, and then all the other parts are contributed from people around the world!

Great question!

8. alomusic profile image72
    alomusicposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've written and had published, 35 books of songs for teachers to use with children in school, 15 songs for children's choir and a whole lot of songs  (haven't counted them) for me or others to sing. Some of my songs are for use by other artist and some are just for my own amusement. I think songwriting is a great way to enjoy life!

working