jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does one go about becoming an Extra in a movie?

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

How does one go about becoming an Extra in a movie?

2. Tony the writer profile image75
    Tony the writerposted 5 years ago

In England we have agencies that you can join and add your details to their list of extras .They will keep your pictures on file along with your abilities like, can you sing, dance or act etc: They show your details to any producers in need of what you have to offer. You will then be contacted and offered work, if you are lucky. So Google your local agencies and get on a list.

3. profile image0
    Mountain_Roseposted 5 years ago

CWanamaker,

I have looked into this quite a bit as I've been an aspiring actress my whole life! LOL

First, I would suggest that you look into organizations like S.A.G. ( http://www.sag.org/ ). Then I would recommend looking for an agent. You can generally go to Google and type in 'Talent Agencies in ____________'.

I would also recommend that you invest in an 8X10 head shot that you can easily screen your resume on the back.

It's not easy to get in, but you can do it! XD

Good luck!

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Actually my husband and I were extras in the movie "Cocoon 11 The Return".  We got the job because a friend owed us some money and his wife was a casting director for that particular movie.

Knowing people who are in the biz is probably the best way to  become an extra.  It was a lot of fun!

working